Notices

New here

Old 05-01-2005, 10:40 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just MPFI swap your current eninge it will run 4 fuel injectors instead of the DX's 2 fuel injectors. You can take it off any 88-91 Civic Si or CRX Si
Old 05-02-2005, 05:10 AM
OneslowredHB
18 sec beast!

Originally Posted by StreetRacingCRX
Just MPFI swap your current eninge it will run 4 fuel injectors instead of the DX's 2 fuel injectors. You can take it off any 88-91 Civic Si or CRX Si
thanks man, that helps me a bunch. I would just take off the intake manifold I have and swap in the Si's intake manifold and parts, correct? Also what about the ecu and wiring, would I need that too?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:51 AM
OneslowredHB
18 sec beast!

One more thing. What makes the Si's have 10 more horsepower over the DX? If it just the MPFI, or does it have a better cam and lifters? I'm just thinking of how to get this DX to the Si's horsepower rating. Also what was the stock Si and CRX 1/4 mile time? 17's?
Old 05-02-2005, 08:10 AM
StreetRacingCRX
None

You need to buy a MPFi Si wiring harness, si ditributor and a PM6 ECU. eBay has everything real cheap. I actually am selling my intake manifold because I put a high flow one on
Old 05-02-2005, 12:38 PM
ED9man
driver

I have all the MPFI shit for sale.
Old 05-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by OneslowredHB
Thanks I find all of your posts on this thread very useful. Wish there where more guys out there like you to help new guys out.
Thanks, jackass. Nevermind I already pointed out the most cost effective way to get you to your speed goal, a Blacktop ZC, not to mention it comes with a full MPFI setup.

As for fuel cuts, they come on cars that actually need them for two main reasons: overboost protection (such as the FC's cut at 10psi to prevent engine damage) or government regulation (most popular as the Japanese market's 180KmH restriction.) The DX isn't turbo'ed and it barely has power to get it going at high speed, so it doesn't have a fuel cut. I question the motivation and intelligence of someone who seeks to disable the fuel cut on a car that doesn't have it, and will never legally see speed that high on this computer anyway (a 9.9 second 1/8th will trap around 90mph.)
the engine runs fine as long as your pouring gas down the carb, lol.
You don't have a carburator.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:41 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

I was just reccomending MPFI because it is a cheaper easier way to get horsepower
Old 05-03-2005, 06:10 PM
OneslowredHB
18 sec beast!

Again thank you for your help. Again this is my first honda to own. Again I've only owned fords and my 4banger ranger and my 4.0 ranger both have fuel cut offs. Every domestic has a fuel cut off that I've ever driven. I'm terribly sorry I offended you, but let see what was the point of the post with the pic?? If I wanted to see a picture of you and your girl in YOUR car I would have asked, but thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:07 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by StreetRacingCRX
I was just reccomending MPFI because it is a cheaper easier way to get horsepower
Once you add up the cost of the MPFI swap (from other enthusiasts who know the value of the parts) plus new gaskets and other bits-and-peices, you'd have a pretty good advance on a ZC.
but let see what was the point of the post with the pic??
It's a random joke, it happens on online forums from time to time.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:44 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

I was just saying it is a option