Notices

Leaky CRX hatch

Old 04-26-2005, 09:55 PM
Reason

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem in my 89 CRX. It drips down the hatch dampers. It seems like the body seam rusted through. What is the best way to stop this? Body work wont be done on this car till at least next year.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:32 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

I sealed mine with por15 since i was fixing the rust on the car before painting when I found the cracks.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:18 PM
xpman

What are the "black rain gutter covers"
Old 04-28-2005, 07:55 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Originally Posted by xpman
What are the "black rain gutter covers"
LOOK at your roof do you see black strips running down the length of the roof? ok?
Old 04-28-2005, 04:40 PM
xpman

Sorry, I see them now. I had to look at my '90 to see what you were talking about. The '91 (the one that leaks) was repainted with metalflake in the paint, so the gutter covers kinda disappeared into the body. Now that I see them, I doubt that water is getting through there. The entire car was painted thoroughly, even around the area outside the hatch seal, where water should run down and out through the back. The only area I can see that might be a problem is at the area where water would run down the gutter and drop to the section at the corner of the hatch seal. There's no paint coverage there but there isn't any cracks that I can see either. I do remember that when I swapped out the hatch lift supports, one of the bolts was rusty. So water is getting in somewhere!
Old 04-28-2005, 05:45 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by xpman
Sorry, I see them now. I had to look at my '90 to see what you were talking about. The '91 (the one that leaks) was repainted with metalflake in the paint, so the gutter covers kinda disappeared into the body. Now that I see them, I doubt that water is getting through there. The entire car was painted thoroughly, even around the area outside the hatch seal, where water should run down and out through the back. The only area I can see that might be a problem is at the area where water would run down the gutter and drop to the section at the corner of the hatch seal. There's no paint coverage there but there isn't any cracks that I can see either. I do remember that when I swapped out the hatch lift supports, one of the bolts was rusty. So water is getting in somewhere!
Yea. Don't be discouraged. Mine leaks, and i have no clue where it's coming in at. I looked for the sun roof drain tube things posted above, and i have yet to find them. Maybe i did'nt look hard enough though.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:16 AM
xpman

I don't have a sunroof, so I pretty much ruled out that as my problem!!
Old 04-29-2005, 05:24 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Originally Posted by Tankard
Yea. Don't be discouraged. Mine leaks, and i have no clue where it's coming in at. I looked for the sun roof drain tube things posted above, and i have yet to find them. Maybe i did'nt look hard enough though.
To see the tube outlets from the outside you will have to remove the rear bumper to see them from the inside you will have to remove the rear quarter panel interior.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:53 AM
CroCivic90DX

Are you getting water in your trunk? Are you sure it's from the top of the hatch? My rear lamps were leaking and i used some transparent silicone around them and now there's no more water in the trunk.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:31 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

They said it was dripping from the hatch strut area. Not a bad thing to check those tail light gasket while your at it I just replaced mine instead of siliconing them.