Notices

Tip on getting my Neuspeed Strut bar?

Old 04-04-2005, 07:38 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tip on getting my Neuspeed Strut bar?

I have a 1991 Civic Si and just purchased a Neuspeed front upper strut bar. Took off the Ebay crap strut bar that came on there and went to fit the bar over the strut bolts and got the driver's side on (as per instructions) and then went to try to get the passenger side on and the bar is about 1" too long.

Any ideas? Would jacking up the car help? Any helpful insights would be great! WHen I did this on my 1993 Civic it wasn't a problem and just dropped right on.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:34 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i don't know...but it sounds like it won't fit as they should drop right in - is it a fixed position and you can't adjust it?
Old 04-06-2005, 01:48 AM
jc836

The 1" is the problem. Are you sure you have the correct one? If it is then jacking only one side will not help you. Pick up the car under the center front and let the suspension droop-this may cause the towers to spread a little.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:18 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you got the wrong one to me
Old 04-06-2005, 12:09 PM
CivicSiRacer

Well I did just jack up the front of the car in the center. It was just enough to get the bar on So it was the right bar, but I'm guessing this car was hit on one side which is why camber on the front is -3.5 on one side and -2.5 on the other.

These cars must have a pretty flexible chassis

The only stupid thing I did was jack up the car TOO high. The struts fell out of the holes So let me tell you it was fun trying to get the struts and bolts in their perspective holes on both sides with just one person
Old 04-06-2005, 03:54 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

at first i was why did the struts fall out as they should never do that...but then remembered you have to remove the strut bolts to put on the bar!
Old 04-07-2005, 07:12 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

my nuespeed strut bar was about an inch too long, i put it on the passenger side and the pushed it tward the passengers side to get it on teh driver side
Old 04-07-2005, 09:58 AM
CivicSiRacer

Originally Posted by 90_crx_flaze
my nuespeed strut bar was about an inch too long, i put it on the passenger side and the pushed it tward the passengers side to get it on teh driver side
I tried that but I'm not a huge guy So I thought by jacking up the front it would release some weight off the strut towers enough to get it on Phyiscs my Dear Watson
Old 04-09-2005, 05:58 AM
jc836

If you are dropped then the numbers would be closer to -2.5 on BOTH sides. THis could be higher or lower depending on the drop. Our race setup was about that initially and within 0.2 from side to side.
You are way out of spec and the difference is large-I would suggest that you put the car on a frame machine to be absolutely certain. It is not cheap but will help pinpoint the reason. Another thing is that you could well have a bent control arm or the bracket location (frame machine for the latter) is off.