Notices

Crx not starting!?

Old 04-04-2005, 10:08 AM
DeathofAdam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crx not starting!?

I bought a 91 CRX si with a b16a. The problem is that when winter started, the car stopped starting. It gives of a cel 6. I tried replacing the temp sensor in the back of the block but the code is still there. Both temp sensors give off voltage(not sure what though) so I assume there isnt a short or anything. I'm not sure where it is supposed to be wired into the ecu. It is very possible he messed some sort of wiring up when he installed the fields vtec controller. I did notice that the sensor below the dizzy had been wired up later, but I'm not even sure if that is a coolant sensor anymore.
If anyone has any insight or knows where the other sensor is please reply. I have been looking into this for a month now and I haven't gotten anywhere. Thanks
Old 04-07-2005, 07:16 AM
90_crx_flaze
Drift King

does it crank at all
Old 04-07-2005, 11:49 PM
DeathofAdam

Nevermind. Thanks anyways. I just got it done at 2:00 in the morning. Apparently, he took the connector off of the ECT sensor under the dizzy to use wiring up the vtec. Then he t-tapped the wrong wire at the ecu and just ran one wire to the sensor. I searched and compared wiring diagrams for hours and then I just wired the ECT sensor straight to the ecu. The CEL is now off but I did not try to start it since my neighbor complains about noise.