Notices

1988 Civic -- HELP, HELP!

Old 04-03-2005, 09:05 PM
ONKA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riiight...

Cool.

1. WIll check computer; I assume it's under the passenger side dash (sorry, I dont have a manual yet - links are good too =).

2. Good sh*t; I will check out 'octane' online...thx.

3. Synth; of course. FYI: the car has 183,000km/120,000mi on it...so 'late in the game' would be an apt descriptor.

=]

R.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:35 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i'd get the gas tank drained as it probably has water and other contaminants in it...fill it up with clean fuel then run the car for a short time then replace the fuel filter (to get any residue out)

i wouldn't switch to synthetic on such an older engine...10w30 will work fine but you may want to to with 10w40 to prevent the slow burn of oil (happens on such old high mileage engines as the piston rings wear out over time & use)
Old 04-04-2005, 11:49 AM
ONKA

Default I did the CEL thing..

Yo,

I pulled the floor carpet up and took a peek in the little LED window:

1 blink <pause> 7 blinks <pause> 15 blinks.

What does that mean? OR, where do I find the code list.

(In leiu of an answer, I'm gonna search da Web).

Cheers,
R.

ps: thx for the gas tank suggestion, my mechanic had a similar response.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:11 PM
ONKA

Default CEL/MIL codes

Here's what I found out:

#1 = H02S / O2S

#7 = TP sensor / MT clutch switch signal

#15 = Ignition output signal

This is where I found the information:
http://www.troublecodes.net/honda/hondadtc.shtml

Any thoughts?

R.
Old 04-04-2005, 04:16 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

Sythenic oil provides higher friction protection. It is chemically enhanced no refined. It handle heats a lot better and stop parts from sticking. 90+ gas doesn't need to be for racing it is keeping your fuel injectors running clean. I would strongly reccommend a K&N air filter it doesnt have to be for performance but it allows more airflow which can improve gas and performance. Paper sucks becuase try and puta compressor to it and feel how much air comes out then you tell me
Old 04-04-2005, 04:17 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

Yea try draining the gas tank and fill it up with the highest octane gas and run maybe some fuel system cleaner with some octane booster to really clean out the system
Old 04-04-2005, 04:19 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

Syntheic oil might be more expensive but is it really??? On conventional oil you have to change the oil every 3 months or 3,000 miles. On Sythenic oil it is 5 months or 7,000 miles, and new Mobil one is 15,000 miles. So technically you arent really losing money because you dont have to do a oil change all the time
Old 04-07-2005, 11:43 AM
kleski

Check your converter too. Hold your hand at the exhaust while the engine is running to feel how much exhaust is coming out. The exhaust should be strong. The symptoms you are having are the same that I had when mine clogged. The computer is trying to compensate by feeding more fuel, that would explain your terrible fuel consumption.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:57 PM
4thgen91EFhatch

It seems i remember hearing that you shouldn't put more than one thing in your fuel system at a time. I'm talkin about what streetracingcrx said to put in fuel system cleaner and octane booster, just sounds like a bad idea to me. Ask some other folks on the forums though as it might not be bad.

later and good luck
Old 04-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Fire
wanna run

StreetRacingCRX you should not be giving advice. No offense but whatever you have read online or in some book, OR as it was put earlier and you obviously did not listen to, NOT from the back of a bottle, you havent a clue. It is painfully obvious you are a tech in no fashon whatsoever. You are a little salesman. Honestly, you should quit that too. You suck. Mileading these guys so that you can feel like a hotshot is not what this site is about. You will only cost some poor sap time and money. So really, you should keep your pie-hole shut unless you are ASKING a question because you give cheap, garbage advice.

Not trying to offend you though Im sure I did. I just think you should think about other people.