Notices

Still have a problem with my knock sensor, and Need Help

Old 03-20-2005, 11:04 PM
crxjap
B16 CRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still have a problem with my knock sensor, and Need Help

I have a B16A in my crx and want to know how to get the Knock sensor code off (code 23). I put a new sensor on and have pulled the hazard fuse along with the ECU fuse to clear the code. It stays clear until I rev engine to about 4,000 to 5,000 rpms. What could be the problem? Also, My Tps sensor has been acting up, and it got so bad that when I press on the gas my rpms will drop dramatically then my car will die. Will replacing the TPS sensor solve the problem? EMAIL CjRdXm@aol.com
Old 03-21-2005, 12:14 AM
91civicb16a

i dont see why the tps would do anything to trip a knock sensor, dude maybe you should think about what the sensor does.....detects knocking and pinging......maybe your motor has a knock or is pinging ? I dunno im not a genius but i do have common sense
Old 03-21-2005, 09:29 AM
1fasthb

Try retarding the timing. Maybe there is to much fuel and that's why your getting the code. Or maybe there isn't enough timing and not enough fuel.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:42 PM
crxjap
B16 CRX

Originally Posted by 91civicb16a
i dont see why the tps would do anything to trip a knock sensor, dude maybe you should think about what the sensor does.....detects knocking and pinging......maybe your motor has a knock or is pinging ? I dunno im not a genius but i do have common sense
I didn't say the TPS had anything to do with the knock code, but maybe I should have clarified that. I meant my TPS sensor is acting up also. What else should I do along with buying another TPS sensor to omit any other factors? Thanks for the input on the timing and fuel too. Is there any other things I should do for the knock code???
Old 03-22-2005, 08:11 AM
1fasthb

Originally Posted by crxjap
I didn't say the TPS had anything to do with the knock code, but maybe I should have clarified that. I meant my TPS sensor is acting up also. What else should I do along with buying another TPS sensor to omit any other factors? Thanks for the input on the timing and fuel too. Is there any other things I should do for the knock code???
Just make sure your running 91octane all the time like 76 or mobil and like i said may need more fuel and less timing or vice versus.