Notices

fully built B16A1 turbo in CRX for grabs

Old 03-16-2005, 10:33 PM
afasucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fully built B16A1 turbo in CRX for grabs

Ok im finally putting my car up for sale which sucks because I finally finished it and I have to get rid of it. i live in Colorado Springs CO so im not sure there will be too much interest but it never hurts to check. I would like to get $7200 out of it but definitely don’t be afraid to make any offers. It’s a yellow 90 CRX si and here are the mods:

-90 B16A1 swap (110 miles...just the break in and drive home)
-JE 81.00mm pistons (9:1 compression)
-JE Rings
-Eagle H Beam Rods (arp bolts)
-GE sleeves
-brand new valve seals
-brand new valve seats
-brand new valve springs
-brand new exhaust valves
-brand new intake valves
-just re-machined head (no warp at all)
-PR3 ECU
-HASport urethane engine and tranny mounts (engine doesn’t move an inch)
-J1 trans
-ACT Extreme Heavy Duty Pressure Plate (plenty of clamping force for the current setup and more)
-Six Puck (Unsprung) Copper Ceramic Disc
-DSM 450cc injectors
-Walbro 255 fuel pump
-Apexi SAFC II
******The entire motor was just ripped apart and completely redone with all of these parts and of course all new gaskets and head bolts. The head was given a thorough rebuild. Everything was machined to specs and it was put in a hot tank to get it back to new. The bottom end is bullet proof!

-T3/T4 60trim/ .50a/r Turbonetics turbo.
-(200 miles of daily driving & two runs down the ¼ mile, and that’s it!)
-2.25in IC piping (chrome polished)
-Blitz super sound BOV
-Missing Link
-NGK spark plugs (one level colder)
-Turbo XS Boost controller
-Drag front mount intercooler (ill get the measurements if anyone needs them)
-HKS 40mm wastegate (10 psi spring)
-Drag Cast manifold (definitely no cracks…barely been used)
-2.5 in DP
-2.5 in mandrel bent exhaust piping (simplified path)
- High flow Cat

****interior-the best part about the inside is that it looks like it’s never been touched. The seats look like they are maybe a year old, every panel and plastic piece on the dash is there, clean carpet and all. The interior was the reason why I bought the car. It has to be the cleanest CRX I have seen. There is one minor catch. The door panel on the driver side is from a DX and not an SI so it doesn’t say “CRX on it. Everything else is immaculate.

-boost gauge and A/F ratio gauge a flush mounted in the dash and very discrete.
-Civic CX wheels
-Skunk2 coilovers

***I may also be selling the 2 ES 100’s that used to be on the car 15x7 215 80% tread left …in case any one is interested.

I would like to remind everyone interested that this car was JUST put together. The only miles it has are from, the break in and the drive home from Denver. My reason for selling is because I am moving to San Antonio eventually and need a car with AC. It is a great car and IS fast now, and more importantly has the potential (with the purchase of bigger injectors and maybe another means of fuel management) to be incredibly fast. Again, offers are welcome, but if you aren’t near the price range please don’t make rediculously low offers because there was a lot of money and work put into this, and im really not in much of a rush to sell. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2005, 01:48 PM
30psiciv
www.speeddreamz.com

you got a pic of the darton sleeves with a GE block guard?
Old 03-19-2005, 05:23 PM
afasucks

hmm i might....ill try to look for one.
Old 03-19-2005, 05:34 PM
afasucks

im going to ask my man who built it if he kept any of his pictures and ill get them back to you as soon as possible. the only ones i have of the sleeves and block guard are of right before we took it all apart and rebuilt it. thats no good so ill get you the new ones.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:09 PM
civicandtegra

the problem with workin a car up is you can never get the price you want cuz smart ppl know that you have ran the car hard more than likly and the are afraid of what could happened unless you find a stupid kid to give u the money but they are not the best to sell to cuz they can try to screw u over and u end up in court(ive seen it happen before) all i can say dont sell it on ebay cuz they will lowball u untill u drop the price alot better to keep it
Old 03-20-2005, 09:33 PM
afasucks

well thats kinda insulting my honesty there. i said there are no miles on the motor except for the miles for the break in and on the way home and thats how many there are. so in this case "smart" people would be wrong unfortunately. i will get pictures of everything as soon as i can. as for the running it hard. i see the risk you think you mgith be taking, because i have been screwed the same way. its the reason why it had to be rebuilt in the first place. so it sucks people arent able to trust what the seller says but i guess thats the way it is. ill try my best to give as much info as possible so any of you interested can feel somewhat confident about buying it. thanks!
Old 04-02-2005, 11:55 AM
racerdave
USAF C-17 Crewchief

When you sell it, make the person sign a paper that says you are selling the car "as is" and you cant be held responcible for anything that happens to the car.