Notices

Dohc Zc

Old 03-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Jigga JJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dohc Zc

hello every one

I have a 90 civic with a DOHC ZC motor in it. Two nights ago i was driving down the street in 4th gear doing bout 60-65 km when i could feel almost like a slight bog or misfire while i was driving. Then i made a complete stop at a light when i was about to make a turn. As i put it in 1st gear and began to move i heard a loud pop sound that came out of my exhaust. SO i pulled into a parking lot. As i sat there i gave it a rev up to bout 2500 rpm and then there was another loud pop. And then the car shut off.and i havent been able to get it started since. I have recently put a distributor in. But i am not sure of the problem. I am thinking possibly a faulty fuel injector thats leaking fuel into the commbustion chamber causing it to detonate. The oil looks very fouled at the moment.(It wasnt like that before this problem) IF i booast the vehicle i may get it to start.but it is not drivable .i would put my foot on the gas and then i would get a loud pop.or it would just shut off...
anybody have any ideas..?.please help..
Old 03-10-2005, 01:27 AM
gutterslide

sounds like the timing is off.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:55 AM
1fasthb

^ I agree. Check timing. The belt might have gone and a couple of teeth might have been shaved off then it jumped timing.
Old 03-10-2005, 08:08 AM
CroCivic90DX

Yup, timing might be an issue, especially since you recently changed a distributor.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Jigga JJ

you know wut.thanks guys.i found the problem thou...i guess you could say timing.its wierd thou.it was a similar problem to wut iwas having before when my old dizzy quit on me.so i figured to pull it off and have a look. I took off the dissy cap.......and noticed that the rotor was moving freely.. Wut had happened was that the screw that holds the rotor in place had come loose and had jus dropped off inside the dizzy.....so it wasnt deliverying the spark properly....Ive got it running great now. ...thanks.......i also had to go change my oil because of the unburned fuel that got sent into the cylinders.