Notices

Speedo clip

Old 03-02-2005, 12:15 PM
billybaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo clip

Hello all,

My brother and I replaced the clutch on his 1991 civic this weekend, and at the very end we were both a little stumped on re-attaching the speedo cable at the transaxle. The cylinder on the transaxle that the cable goes into has a slit on one side, but we could not be sure on how to use the clip in conjunction with the one slit. We ended up puting the clip around the cylinder which allowed one side of the clip to fall into the slit and keep the cable from coming out but it did not seem to hold it very well. The boot does not seem to go over it very well in this position either.

Not sure if we distorted the clip on removal, and for the life of us we cannot remember what position it was in when we removed it.

Any help would be great. Other than that the clutch is great now, and we did the drive axles as well because the CV joints were done. The biggest issue was breaking all of the balljoints free that had to be removed without destroying the studs or the boots.

Anyway, thanks in advance....
Old 03-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Tankard

You just have to make sure the cable goes down all the way into the hole by wiggling it around. This is so the clip will fall into the groove on the cable. You may need to push the clip closed with a pair of pliars before popping it back around the thing. This will make the clip snug so it won't just fall off. I've then always pulled up on the cable to be sure the clip is in the groove of the cable. Maybe somebody else can post something of more help. That's what i've always done and never had any problems.
Old 03-06-2005, 11:03 PM
89civicSiR
thats right im a NOOB!

well if that is the case then i think that should be plenty of help cuz ive been having this problem where my cable keeps coming loose every month or so. ive tried pushing down really hard but never thought about wiggling. this seems like sufficient info. thanks
good luck billy