Notices

lambo doors!?

Old 02-22-2005, 06:13 PM
shorty_boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lambo doors!?

Most people think that they are gay... but i like em sooo i have a question. Normally i see em on ebay for 300ish and if i try to get them thru companies like west coast customes they run me from 1000-2500. The differences between these kits are that the ebay ones are made of poor quality materials and sometimes they break (or so that is what the expensive companies say)....the wcc ones in the $1000 range are not electronic (neither are the ebay ones but they use this setup as well) thus you have an air strut (?) that aids in the raising and maintaining of the raised position and the electric ones do everything themselves. So i went to this place called lambodoors.com and they offer kits for under $100 (which is what my gf's bro in law says that he can get them for but he thinks they are gay so he wont sell a kit to me because he thinks they don't belong on crxs "...only ricers do that ish to fine cars..."). Here is the only link to their crx kits http://www.lambodoors.com/crx.htm . They use credit and paypal (i use both) so they have to be trust worthy right? iono but i wanted these things years ago and i almost settled for gull wings, but i don't like em and they were as much as the electronic lambo doors (with all the elctronic equipment included as well). Basically what i am asking for is your input on whether i should take the chance or not ('cause my cash flow is limited i only am worth alil over $300) and not if you think they are gay or not.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:21 PM
ED9man
driver

You are an idiot.
click here for lambo doors deal

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30020
Spend it on that instead.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:40 PM
shorty_boy

Default Ahem....

yeah thank you for doing what i asked not to do. You may be correct that i am an idiot, but i would have to say that you are too 'cause you obviously cannot read. Now the reason for this whole post is because i only have $300 and some change in my account (i am in high school and i can't work like i want to.) An engine would would put me in the whole, these lambo door would not (hopefully) so before i make a bone head decision and get gypped by lambodoors.com i am asking you guys what you think about the deal, not how you feel about the doors (in general) or me and my setup.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:55 PM
ED9man
driver

Is your car in perfect working condition? I'd make sure all the maintenance things were all set before doing that. You will get no help doing on something stupid like lambo doors on this board FYI. Why not save another $300 and do the motor? It'll be a lot more fun than gay ass lambo doors that are probably pieces of shit quality wise and will make your slow car even slower with the added weight. Bad idea.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:59 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

superhonda loves you.

I say go ahead and buy the 300 dollar kit, then maybe when your doors stop closing properly, or for 300 dollars NEVER line up correctly again, you will sell your Honda and buy a Neon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
sho.jpg (23.9 KB, 153 views)
Old 02-22-2005, 08:53 PM
cobbcustomz

If you are gonna do it Do it right and Buy a real Kit. I wouldnt trust a kit that cheap to hold my doors. and did you read the install time 18 hours! The real kits are in the 2 hour range. They probably give you hinges from Home Depot and say go ahead and do it
Old 02-23-2005, 02:17 PM
shorty_boy

Default I give up (guess this is a message that i just don't need em)

Originally Posted by cobbcustomz
They probably give you hinges from Home Depot and say go ahead and do it
:lmao:
That is hilarious and probably true... i guess i sound like a ricer ne!?

You all make a point, i would prefer an engine, but i just thought this was too good to be true (that is were you guys came in... to bring me back to earth). But yeah, i don't wanna sound like a ricer n ish cause i can't understand why most of em do what they do. So yeah i want to have a sleeper but yeah since the big emphasis here to get an engine, what do you guys recommend then (i would like a b18 but i don't have the money) but i can afford a sohc vtec in a few months. My friend suggested getting a crv b20 and turboing that, is it practical (i can score one now)!? An for the record neons are gay, even though they can blow my betsie away, i'm hurt by the suggestion!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 03:24 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Man, lambo doors are truely rice... They have no function, other than looks, and even then it looks retarted... But opinions aside, the truth of the matter is, they are unsafe! In a crash, should you roll onto your roof, the doors will not be able to open! And you will be stuck... The good name brand ones do have a safety feature where they swing open so far, but even still, Its not worth the risk...
Old 02-24-2005, 10:58 AM
NKP82
Hardcore Wagonist

If you want those, you can get them, but what are they going to add to your car besides look factor? If you are going to do anything to those doors with that much money, get those in carbon fiber, that will take alot of weight off, much more functional then those lambo doors.

Make the car perform better first, then if you want to rice the car out, at least it will be able to back up its look fast exterior.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:27 PM
JL95AccorD

That ricer on that link looked so nasty. With the doors up open like that, they look like they are bigger than the car itself. I would agree with nkp82. It's a look factor, and if the car has balls, then go for it, but don't do it to a car that is almost stock underhood.