Notices

lambo doors!?

Old 02-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

there's a guy around here with lambo doors on his celica. i shake my head everytime he drives by. :a:
Old 02-24-2005, 01:29 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by shorty_boy
:lmao:
That is hilarious and probably true... i guess i sound like a ricer ne!?

You all make a point, i would prefer an engine, but i just thought this was too good to be true (that is were you guys came in... to bring me back to earth). But yeah, i don't wanna sound like a ricer n ish cause i can't understand why most of em do what they do. So yeah i want to have a sleeper but yeah since the big emphasis here to get an engine, what do you guys recommend then (i would like a b18 but i don't have the money) but i can afford a sohc vtec in a few months. My friend suggested getting a crv b20 and turboing that, is it practical (i can score one now)!? An for the record neons are gay, even though they can blow my betsie away, i'm hurt by the suggestion!!!
Anything B-series wil require at least $400 in addition to the complete changeover itself to make work in your CRX. I would personally go for the ZC I linked to and buy the transmission with it. That will go easily into your CRX and is better than an SOHC VTEC in my opinion.
Old 02-24-2005, 04:15 PM
gingas

What's up buddy, yeah it's totaly up to you, but look at one major thing you're in school & you said you don't have much cash. So I would do other mods to make car stand out. Tint, clear corners etc. Also, lambo doors, body kits will play out eventually. Waste of money. Is your rex a Si or basic model. About the engine, go with the SOHC VTEC instead of the ZC. More tuning options for Vtec vs ZC. 137 hp vs 125 hp. I had a ZC power was ok. Think about it. Good Luck, Gingas
Old 02-24-2005, 05:53 PM
shorty_boy

yeah guys, thanks for the talk, um yeah so i'm gonna go for the vtec when i get the chance, until then i'll keep betsie the way she is, plus if she looks totaly stock on the outside (which she seriously does), then i'll have a sleeper on my hands and i could beat all those dagnab mustangs that try to race (and torment) me!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 04:46 AM
ED9man
driver

Don't get us wrong, it's still going to be slow as hell. The only difference is that you won't fall asleep waiting to hit 60.
Old 02-28-2005, 02:07 PM
shorty_boy

Default not exactly.

My gf's bro-in-law is a crx guru and he is just waiting for me to get an engine. One i buy the engine, he will do the swap and all the work for free. I would like to do the work myself, but i am in school and since i got accepted to UCF, i am going to stay on campus for the first semester (which means i cannot have a vehicle on campus) so if i get the engine before i go, it will be great timing as the car will definately be done by the end of the fall term.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:51 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by shorty_boy
My gf's bro-in-law is a crx guru and he is just waiting for me to get an engine. One i buy the engine, he will do the swap and all the work for free. I would like to do the work myself, but i am in school and since i got accepted to UCF, i am going to stay on campus for the first semester (which means i cannot have a vehicle on campus) so if i get the engine before i go, it will be great timing as the car will definately be done by the end of the fall term.
Do it then!
The link I gave you is the best place to buy it from. Make sure you get the transmission and tell them you have an HF and they'll send you a couple other parts you need to make it work. :thumbup: