Notices

more speed

Old 02-15-2005, 05:56 PM
Hondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more speed

I was wondering how I could increase my hp in my 89 crx. I've already got a cold air intake and want to get more speed without a turbo or swaping the motor (although I would love to). Thx
Old 02-15-2005, 06:01 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally Posted by Hondaracer
I was wondering how I could increase my hp in my 89 crx. I've already got a cold air intake and want to get more speed without a turbo or swaping the motor (although I would love to). Thx
Like a wise man once said, the best thing to do with a D-series is pull it out. You just can't obtain big gains/speed on a D-series without throwing serious funds at it.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:46 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by honda_pilot
Like a wise man once said, the best thing to do with a D-series is pull it out. You just can't obtain big gains/speed on a D-series.
fixed
Old 02-15-2005, 09:58 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

dropping it out of an airplane usually does the trick
Old 02-15-2005, 10:22 PM
augy

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
dropping it out of an airplane usually does the trick
heh heh. That was some funny shit

Seriously though, the posts so far are right. i/h/e will get you as far as you want to go--investing any more money in your D-series is probably a waste. In general, the EF civics just aren't big powerhouses. They weren't designed to be, and those that end up being 10-second monsters do so with several thousand invested.
Now, if you're question was instead "how can I make my car more fun to drive?", then my answer is invest the couple hundred dollars it takes to get strut tower bars, front AND rear sway bars, and/or a quality suspension kit. Cars are a lot more fun when they feel like roller coasters :yes:
Old 02-16-2005, 08:33 AM
1fasthb

dohc zc swap with the mods you have already. That will bump it up alot more then what you have now. Oh yeah and a test pipe. You will see a big gain from that
Old 02-16-2005, 12:44 PM
davidn71
95 Civic w/ b16 swap

If ya want to keep the D, just go look for a D16Z6 vtec head... Minime swaps are popular, and it's a good way to pick up 30 horsepower and open up a lot of other possabilities... Shit, I say go to work on the D, and prove all these other guys wrong.. peace..