Notices

Cold Air Intake for '90 Civic

Old 02-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Mr. Smooth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Intake for '90 Civic

Looking for help in installing a cold air intake on a '90 Honda Civic.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:45 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Simple... Remove your stock intake... First unscrew the screws on top of the stock box... Then remove the rubber tube and upper half of the stock air box, that goes from the TB to the stock air box... Set that aside... Now there should be about 3 bolts on the stock box (bottom half), un bolt those... Remove that... Now u have the plastic tube that runs up by the radiator, has one bolt on the radiator itself I think, remove that, and then below the stock air box you have a resonator, you will probably have to remove the front bumper, the fender lining, or maybe both to remove it... Its held on with 2 bolts I think, unbolt and pull that off, set it aside... Actual install of the CAI, once the stock box is gone is easy too see... Just remember to make sure the intake, if its metal, dosnt rub on your battery terminal, mine did, I had to rig something up so it wouldnt... (gotta love the stock location of the battery on our EFs ) And also dont forget to connect the hose from the intake, to the valve cover...