Notices

overheating, clicking noise, wont start

Old 02-06-2005, 07:32 PM
kevo2k6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overheating, clicking noise, wont start

k its been runnin fine since i got it stated. the idle jumps until it warms up, and there is a clicking noise. when the clutch is pushed in clicking stops. i remmber tightening the clutch good and tight when i put it on. what could the noise be. also it never overheater, i took the exhaust off, (from muffler back is all) and now it overheats. got a new thermostat still overheats. the cooling fan does not come on. im sure this is just coincidental tho and has nuthing to do with the muffler. also since ive removed the muffler, it has a hard time starting. i reset the computer and it started fine again still starting to get warm and no fan. i turned it off and finished doing the body work ive been doin probly 2 or 3 hours and the same thing it wouldnt start. there is power and the battery is puttin off 14 volts connections are good. the starter wotn even click over. i think it may have sumthin to do with the neutral safety switch because when the clutch is pushed in about half way or more the battery and program fi lights come on. i apprciate the help for any of the problems listed. thank you -kevo
Old 02-07-2005, 09:17 AM
89civicSiR
thats right im a NOOB!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in mylast car 90 caravan my fan never worked and it would cause it to over heat when i wwould let it sit and run like at a backed up drive thru at mcdonalds, if you can get it started try either wiring the fan up so it is on whenever the car is on or what i did was just hook it up to a toggle switch inside the car so whenever you want it to come on it will. as for the not startingthing sorry i cant help you there.....well maybe try rolling it forward or backward 1 or two feet and then try starting it. sometime my 89 civic would make me do that before it would start.

good luck