Notices

90dx w/b16 swap please clear this up..

Old 02-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Samuels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90dx w/b16 swap please clear this up..

I wanna swap a 1st gen B-16 into my 90dx 2dr hatch. Can someone give me a list of the parts needed. I thought if the mounts and axles came with the swap it'd be direct bolt in. I know about wiring in the v-tech and I was told hasport has a dummy harness for 250 bucks thats plug and play.

I talked a place today about ordering my swap. The guy told me I have to buy aftermarket mounts and axles and basically added 600 more bucks on to the 1600 so I did'nt order yet.

Can't I use use 90-93 teg mounts or axles?
How come I can't use the mounts or axles? that come with the swap?

thanks
Old 02-04-2005, 07:33 PM
jlicrx

you should be able to use the axles that come with the swap, should be same as 90-93 integra axles - you will need aftermarket (like Hasport) mounts and shift linkage
Old 02-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Samuels

Thanks man, this will be my 1st attempted vtech swap and I wanna have everything in place before starting. I've swapped a LS into my 94 coupe and it was a unbelievably easy swap.

I talked to another company last night that will include stock mounts,shift linkage,axles etc shipped to my door for 1550. The hasport plug is 250 bucks after sending mine to them. Will this make it plug in play like my 94Coupe was?

How hard is the wiring? I was told by the 2nd company that I could get a Si harness would this work?

He also told me to avoid buying 400 mounts I could cut out the 1 mounts and move it by welding. He said 2 of them line up perfect but the 3rd needs to be moved,any thruth?
Old 02-06-2005, 12:11 PM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

I can send you all the info via e-mail. I have a Cd that tells you everything u want to know about CRX's and B16a. Just send me an e-mail and I will send it all to you. Glad to help. My e-mail is e3defboysdown@bellsouth.net
Old 02-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Tankard

Originally Posted by RedlineBoyzCRX
I can send you all the info via e-mail. I have a Cd that tells you everything u want to know about CRX's and B16a. Just send me an e-mail and I will send it all to you. Glad to help. My e-mail is e3defboysdown@bellsouth.net
Is there any way you could post that cd here on this message board for everybody?
Old 02-07-2005, 02:37 PM
1fasthb

Originally Posted by Samuels
Thanks man, this will be my 1st attempted vtech swap and I wanna have everything in place before starting. I've swapped a LS into my 94 coupe and it was a unbelievably easy swap.

I talked to another company last night that will include stock mounts,shift linkage,axles etc shipped to my door for 1550. The hasport plug is 250 bucks after sending mine to them. Will this make it plug in play like my 94Coupe was?

How hard is the wiring? I was told by the 2nd company that I could get a Si harness would this work?

He also told me to avoid buying 400 mounts I could cut out the 1 mounts and move it by welding. He said 2 of them line up perfect but the 3rd needs to be moved,any thruth?
Do not cut and move the trans mount!!! Trust me. It's worth buying the mounts. Cause if you ever want to put the car back to stock it will be so easy. Yes it is a cheap alternative but you would still have to bang in the frame for the alternator and soforth.
Old 02-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Exempt
2 tone Rex

Originally Posted by Tankard
Is there any way you could post that cd here on this message board for everybody?

For real, that would be sweet!!!