Notices

spark plug seal?

Old 02-07-2005, 06:34 PM
LiquidBiohazard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the thing that was there was actually on the spark plug threads so i dont knwo what it was but my mechanic said its fine it will burn up so i said alright. the spark plug was really put in tight tho, but its all over and done iwth now everything is fine so far
Old 02-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Tankard

Originally Posted by LiquidBiohazard
the thing that was there was actually on the spark plug threads so i dont knwo what it was but my mechanic said its fine it will burn up so i said alright. the spark plug was really put in tight tho, but its all over and done iwth now everything is fine so far
The last person that changed your plugs must have been we todd ed. I'm surprised your car even ran if it had something on the threads of the plug. It would'nt seat properly if it did.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:20 PM
LiquidBiohazard

yeah it was weird but its ok
Old 02-09-2005, 12:06 PM
bigt61

spark plug tube seals seat inside the valve cover, and more than likely dont deteriorate and fall into the spark plug tube.

I have seen what you are talking about happen on many honda's........ look at your spark plug wire. if its flat, and sits on th ebase of the plug, it CAN get stuck around the plug and when you pull the wire out, it can snag and rip off. happens when you use crappy wires.
Old 02-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by bigt61
spark plug tube seals seat inside the valve cover, and more than likely dont deteriorate and fall into the spark plug tube.
There isn't enough clearance for it to fall in.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:51 PM
LiquidBiohazard

the rubber piece was like a really big rubber washer or soemthing around the threads of the spark plug fed in to the socket. it wasnt sitting on top of the plug or anythign and it was really difficult to get the spark plug out.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:33 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Whatever it was you found shouldn't have been there, plain and simple.
Old 05-04-2005, 01:06 PM
THC

how come no one said anything about a possible anti-seize compound the previous owner/mechanic could have used when they replaced the plugs???

or maybe even, i've heard of some people using a piece of rubber when putting the plug in, to avoid crossthreading ( )

either way i wouldnt think it would be anything to worry about unless your getting oil on the plugs...