Notices

cleaners

Old 01-22-2005, 12:35 PM
kevo2k6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaners

ok finally got the 86 si started. its been pretty cold around here low 40s. and the only way we can get it to start up is if we prime it, or it its already been running and is warm. wen we start it and its cold the idle jumps from about 1200 to 900. once its warmed up it idles fine. my question is could this be because of the fuel injectors? also the gas that was in it was about 1 1/2 old, so were gunna drain the tank and put new gas in there. if it is the fuel injectors or even the old gas, what cleaners should i buy that will help clean the fuel lines and injectors. i know like stp makes sum stuff but is there anything u recommend? and any ideas on why it idles like it does? thank you
Old 01-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You'll see a very large improvment in the running of the car with new gas. Flush the gas line and be happy, no cleaners required.

The bouncing idle is the most infamous 85-87 Si problem, there are a number of causes. Mine was caused by the primative EACV do-dad.
Old 02-02-2005, 06:00 AM
StkyKiD84

And when you put cars away for a long periord of time, like i have my Integra away for the winter, cuz i cant afford insurance while at college, i dumped some dry gass in there, to help with h2o condensation prob. it will help keep your fresh as possable, for that long period of time. also try to have as little in the tank as possable when puttin it away. so you dont wast that much gas, and so you wont have to drain that much.