Notices

I need a what??

Old 01-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a what??

Went to get my safety done last night and the mechanic told me I need a "Rear Stabilizer Bar" on both sides...a what? When I called around for one today they had no idea what I'm talking about...I described it and Honda said it was the "rear upper arm"...a what?

It was describe to me as one piece of metal, with a "bolt through" bushing on one end and a "body" bushing on the other end and that it is about 8" long and that they are notorious for going bad on Honda's???

This may be dumb but I can't look for a part if I don't have a freakin' clue what to call it!?!? HELP!

Jason
Old 01-05-2005, 12:29 PM
m735is

Either rear upper arm or compensating arm. It goes from the top of the trailing arm to the body. The bushings are replacable but easier to buy the whole thing. Don't break the mounting bolts taking them out -PITA!!
Look on honda parts site for diagram, I'm having a brain fart and can't remember the name, I think it's Manchester Honda or hondaautomotiveparts.com.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:32 PM
Magik

Majestic Honda?

Yah...it's the "upper arm"...it's a dealer only part...I need both sides...and it's $90 CDN EACH!

Jason