Notices

I Want A Crx

Old 12-28-2004, 04:34 AM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of people say there is no Dx CRX just a "Base" model i dont know though never looked into the DPFI POS. Hf might not have alot of Hp but it doesnt have the wiring nightmare of the Dx and its lighter if going for a swap.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:23 AM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by augy
If there were a "base model," it would have been the DX. The DX CRXs don't have a badge--if you went with HF or Si, you got a badge to go with it.

An automatic DX exists? I did not know that.
As for a "standard" model, as I said, probably the DX if anything.
Standard is below DX which is deluxe. The DX does have a few options. Unfortunatley an automatic DX does exist.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by augy
An automatic DX exists? I did not know that.
Sure, an old friend of mine has one.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:29 PM
Flip_Star

ok.. so is there some place i can go to find all that "stuff" you guys are talking about cuz damn...
Old 12-30-2004, 02:03 PM
Bionichicken

Default Crx Dx

I just picked up a DX with an automatic and it has custom wheels and 195/50/15 tires on it. Interior is like new. And, a real nice dark blue color. I think they call it celestial blue. It needs a few dings fixed from parking lots....but, what do you expect for a 14 year old car. It was garage kept all its life and it runs like a new one.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:05 PM
r1000000000

It is almost impossible to find a good condition or okay condition REX these days. Not impossible to find because i found one. The question is how much would u spend if someone had an 88 CRX Si, Black, Mint, + Well maintained. Lots of people would like it but won't go pay much for it because of its kbb/blue book value. People who have a mint one want a lot.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:15 PM
Mackenzie C

standard = 4 speed manual
dx = 5 speed manual
he hee.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:25 AM
Joao

Most of the information on here is really scattered. Let me break it down for you. I am a hardcore crx enthusiast and am on my second crx.

There are 3 models
HF- engine is crap...but it is prefered by those who want a race car. This is due to it's light weight..If you plan on doing an engine swap and are all about speed..i suggest the HF.

base- ( given the title "DX" by us,owners/enthusiasts, for easier recognition) the base model is a little faster than the hf and is heavier also. everything that was said above about the mpfi is true. No big difference between the HF and DX but the weight and speed.

Si- has a faster engine and comes with some kewler options. It is heavier than the hf and dx.
the si has the following extras:
sunroof, clock, recaro seats, "crx" stitched in the door panels and problably a couple of other things i cant remember.

If you are not planning on making a race car...I suggest the Si.

heres my aim name if you want some more help or info ....or if you want to buy my 89 si ... aim: DorkyJoao
Old 12-31-2004, 11:31 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Now I do not know if its different in the CRX or not but in my Civic I have the DX model and its pretty fast I can keep up and beat a majority of these cars out here today and it is all stock...The only problem I see with a DX is that it has those damn wretched VINYL seats but I have some seat covers to solve that issue...lol...
Old 01-02-2005, 01:10 PM
LocaL raCer
R.I.P. Kato-san

Originally Posted by ED9man
It looks better as well.
explain?

honestly, for what you want the car for, i'd go Si. simply because the sunroof and you're planning to leave it stock... you'd have the most creature comforts this way.