Notices

my temp gauge is out?

Old 12-31-2004, 10:03 AM
Mackenzie C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VPUPPY
on some hondas, follow your lower radiator hose(the bigger one on the passenger side of the radiator, next to the drain plug) until it hits the housing(should be the same diameter as the upper one). there should be something that looks like brass sensor that is screwed into the housing and has a connector on it. that is the temp sensor.
ok i found it. and i let my engine warm up. and the valve cover is hot, but the radiator hoses and that housing thing isnt? but all my heater hoses are hot, the heat is hot, but that housing isnt, whats up with that?
Old 12-31-2004, 11:31 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by Mackenzie C
whats up with that?
The radator could be clogged, the thermostat could be bad, worst case scenario the water pump is bad. For some reason the water isn't circulating.

If that's the case, the car could be overheating without you knowing it. That's a bad position to be in.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:37 PM
VPUPPY

Originally Posted by Mackenzie C
ok i found it. and i let my engine warm up. and the valve cover is hot, but the radiator hoses and that housing thing isnt? but all my heater hoses are hot, the heat is hot, but that housing isnt, whats up with that?
so the lower and upper hoses are both not getting hot? they both should get WARM even though the thermostat does not open up. did you drive the car around or did you let it just idle? i would drive it around for like 20 minutes or let it idle and wait until the cooling fan turns on 2 times. you may have air pockets in the system too so check out the system. the best way to tell if you have air is to check before you run the car and let it warm up. when the engine is cold and the radiator cap is cold, open it up. the coolant level should be up to bottom of the radiator neck, if not fill it up and start the car and let it idle with the cap off. this lets the air work itself to the top. if that is the case, keep an eye on the system because you may have a leak. also, like Kai said, it could be a circulation problem.

btw, the cheapest thing to replace would be the thermostat.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:07 PM
Mackenzie C

Originally Posted by Kai
The radator could be clogged, the thermostat could be bad, worst case scenario the water pump is bad. For some reason the water isn't circulating.

If that's the case, the car could be overheating without you knowing it. That's a bad position to be in.
oh damn, ima get a new water pump then. cuz i dont want to risk anything. mang, oh damn i should have thought about this, not good.

i think i do have a leak, shit.
Old 01-02-2005, 06:20 PM
VPUPPY

you might want to make sure your gauge is working correctly before you go out and to a water pump. d/l a service manual(@ http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/) if you have not already and run through some trouble shooting before and verify its a cooling system problem and not electrical(bad ground in the gauges or bad sending sensor).

but, if your certain it a circulation problem just go that route.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Mackenzie C

i dont think its electrical, i checked all of that. got back late from skoo today so ima check if theres any coolant after skoo tomorrow and check for coolant leaks.
Old 01-04-2005, 03:13 PM
Mackenzie C

ok, its leaking at the water pump. mang this car is pissing me off. funna pick parts up tomorrow, timing belt and water pump. and hopfully install tomorrow.