Notices

02 sensor locations need help please!

Old 12-12-2004, 02:50 PM
kirbster
kirbster 90 crx vtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 sensor locations need help please!

hi im looking at getting an aftermarket header either a 4-2-1 or a 4-1 1 piece something like a dc sports but i have a 1990 honda crx vtec with the b16a engine as standard and the standard header has the 2 o2 sensors right up the top where it bolts onto the block. the problem im having is that all the headers i look at only have the 1 sensor location. ive got a high flow catalytic converter on the way and that has a sensor location on that aswell so can i use that for one sensor and the one on the header for the other sensor? does it matter which one goes where because i think i have 1 green one and 1 white one? also how do i go about extending the sensor wires so they reach the sensor locations? any help would be appreciated
cheers Rob
Old 12-12-2004, 03:16 PM
ED9man
driver

get another bung put in.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:24 AM
S2Kev

Originally Posted by kirbster
hi im looking at getting an aftermarket header either a 4-2-1 or a 4-1 1 piece something like a dc sports but i have a 1990 honda crx vtec with the b16a engine as standard and the standard header has the 2 o2 sensors right up the top where it bolts onto the block. the problem im having is that all the headers i look at only have the 1 sensor location. ive got a high flow catalytic converter on the way and that has a sensor location on that aswell so can i use that for one sensor and the one on the header for the other sensor? does it matter which one goes where because i think i have 1 green one and 1 white one? also how do i go about extending the sensor wires so they reach the sensor locations? any help would be appreciated
cheers Rob
Where are you located? In the U.S., the crx only had a sohc engine. The engine management only uses one o2 sensor. It does matter where the sensors go. One o2 sensor measures oxygen before the cat and the other one measures it after the cat. I'm pretty sure the sensors are different.

Extending the wires is easy, just get 2 butt connectors for each wire and crimp them. Do it one wire at a time so you remember don't get the wires crossed. Some people may recommend to solder them together though. It's totally up to you. But using butt connectors is easier for you. Also, make sure you get the right sized ones. You can get them at hardware store or electronics store like Radio Shack.
Old 01-02-2005, 12:22 PM
kirbster
kirbster 90 crx vtec

im not in the U.S im in the U.K i got a crx vtec with the b16a as standard with full electrics and everything for £2000 which was a steal. i think ille just get a new bung welded on. thanks for the advice cheers rob
Old 01-02-2005, 12:25 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Welcome to HAN kirbster.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:33 PM
ED9man
driver

That B16a does not have a sensor after the cat. There is one sensor on one cylinder and one sensor on the adjacent cylinder, both right out of the head.