Notices

differences between Si and other CRX's

Old 08-19-2002, 07:19 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ISP James
oh yeah any suggestions/recommendations on shift linkage to get that b18a into it???
you can cut and weld your old one or get an hcp engineering or hasport adj linkage
Old 08-19-2002, 07:25 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally posted by jaje

you can cut and weld your old one or get an hcp engineering or hasport adj linkage
how much would i want to cut and weld?
Old 08-19-2002, 10:34 PM
IrradiatedKitty

I know i'm prolly responding a little late.. but oh well. Go with an Si... the HF is only lighter in stock form.. if you're gonna be putting in a b18a1 engine in.. yer gonna have to get better suspension and such. and hey.. with an Si you'd have a sunroof =) they'd end up weighing about the same... if you DO decide to get an Si... try to get an 88-89. cause they don't have the side impact beams.. and you can pull out the A/C... those things all add up to it weighing less than like... a '91 w/ AC and such. but yeah..... b18's rock, i'm very proud
Old 08-20-2002, 07:38 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

Originally posted by IrradiatedKitty
I know i'm prolly responding a little late.. but oh well. Go with an Si... the HF is only lighter in stock form.. if you're gonna be putting in a b18a1 engine in.. yer gonna have to get better suspension and such. and hey.. with an Si you'd have a sunroof =) they'd end up weighing about the same... if you DO decide to get an Si... try to get an 88-89. cause they don't have the side impact beams.. and you can pull out the A/C... those things all add up to it weighing less than like... a '91 w/ AC and such. but yeah..... b18's rock, i'm very proud
never too late i appreciate your help....

as for the side impact beams (or lack of) that may affect my insurance so i might have to check into that.... my civic ex (93) is hittin me for 300 a month so thats always a concern!

do any crx's have moonroofs???? =)=)
Old 08-21-2002, 01:49 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

do any crx's have moonroofs?
Only the Si has a sunroof...as for weight...the faster you want to go the lighter you want to get...the si has more amenities but an hf will be slightly faster (due to its lighter weight) with the same swap and mods
Old 08-21-2002, 06:34 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

weight weight weight, how much is it really??? they say 100 lbs might shave 1/10th of a second, and that all depends on where the 100 lbs comes from.... i look at it this way a b18 turbo build in any crx is going to be faster than my 93 ex!!!
im more for the amenities
Old 08-21-2002, 06:35 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

btw... my friend may have found me an 89 Si.... now i just gotta go look at it
Old 08-22-2002, 11:36 PM
IrradiatedKitty

do any crx's have moonroofs???? =)=)
ok.. i don't know if i did this "quote" thing right.. but yes, CRX's DO have moon roofs... i've seen Si's and DX's with moonroofs
Old 08-22-2002, 11:40 PM
IrradiatedKitty

Originally posted by jaje
Only the Si has a sunroof...as for weight...the faster you want to go the lighter you want to get...the si has more amenities but an hf will be slightly faster (due to its lighter weight) with the same swap and mods

The HF wouldn't weigh a great deal less.. nothing I'd worry about at least. Go with the Si!!! It's neater!!
Old 08-23-2002, 04:32 AM
excitid

good luck on finding your crx. It seems that there are not alot of clean rexes left so deciding on year or trim level might not be as important as just finding a good rex with a good body. Your planning a swap so there are obvious little things that have been addressed that will make the swap easier. All things cost money so its up to you to decide what is most important. Your quest for speed will one day have you looking for more, so by having a model without the extras you will at least know your already as light as can be and can concentrate on getting more power.

Quick Reply: differences between Si and other CRX's