Notices

Anyone bother to add a extra seat ont he back of the crx?

Old 11-02-2004, 06:02 AM
ajusaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone bother to add a extra seat ont he back of the crx?

I was thinkign about removing theback storage behind our seats and ass a third seat on the rear inthemiddle. sounds nuts huh? well I got extra seats so I figured I get the bottom part were the seat is attached to on the floor and drill it on the car and attach the seat. Kind of intresting to have a 3 seater crx
Old 11-02-2004, 06:22 AM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Anyone bother to add a extra seat on the back of the crx?
Like a wing or something?

:fawk:
Old 11-02-2004, 12:08 PM
ED9man
driver

don't massacre you car.
That is also very illegal and unsafe.
If you really want back seats they did come in japanese and european model crx's.
You can buy them online through a JDM parts importer or on ebay I bet.
They will go in clean, but they are also technically illegal. Like other Japanese cars such as the FC RX-7 they failed crash testing and were never approved or put into CRX's in the U.S..
Old 11-02-2004, 02:11 PM
ajusaf

good point but not that a crx is safe proof anyway its a small can of tuna when you get hit forget it baby, your tuna fish
Old 11-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by ED9man
Like other Japanese cars such as the FC RX-7 they failed crash testing and were never approved or put into CRX's in the U.S.
Whoa, I was about to give out some kudos for recognizing the FC, however...

The FC RX-7 was the only RX-7 to pass US crash tests with optional rear seats. They where rare, however where availible in US models... I've seen two factory marked 2+2 FC RX-7's in junkyards personally. In the US, FC's came standard without rear seats, whereas in Japan they came standard with rear seats (except Infini models.) SA and FB RX-7's (79-85) failed US crash tests with rears, and rear seats in them is technically illegal.

FD RX-7's never had rear seats in any market.

On an interesting note, every Japanese market FC was turbocharged. Only 10% of American FC's where turbocharged.

Back to CRX's, rear seats are illegal to add, no question. As for FC RX-7's, it is debatable as to wheiter or not rear seats can be added to originally two seat cars since the body has been approved to have up to four seats and all coupe models have the proper mounts for rear seats (unlike the American market CRX.)
Old 11-03-2004, 10:47 AM
ED9man
driver

damn, I knew it was one of the RX-7's.
It was probably one of your posts I was recalling.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Joao

A seat would not fit in the back of a crx (normal seat that is) You would have to cut the seat in half or remove the hatch......ehehehehhe seems kinda silly to me
Old 11-03-2004, 10:19 PM
augy

Originally Posted by Kai
Back to CRX's, rear seats are illegal to add, no question. As for FC RX-7's, it is debatable as to wheiter or not rear seats can be added to originally two seat cars since the body has been approved to have up to four seats and all coupe models have the proper mounts for rear seats (unlike the American market CRX.)
This very last statement about proper mounts for the rear seats not being in american crxs is only half true. You may recall that I'm installing crx rear seats at the moment, and there ARE some holes drilled. The seatbelts attach at the center and the edge of the body. The edge holes ARE drilled and threaded, yet the center of the body has no holes drilled (interested, eh?). Also, the latch stop for the fold-down back part of the seat has drilled and threaded holes, yet the rotating bracket that actually attaches the seat to the body does not have holes drilled for it. So it's actually 50/50. I'm going to do a write-up on installation in a USDM crx, so you can see the pictures for yourself when they come in.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Hmm... that is interesting.

In the FC's, all holes are there except for the upper latch bracket holes (which are dinky little bits, anyway.) They are about 90% ready.