Notices

Got a few questions.

Old 11-02-2004, 03:49 AM
87hondacivicsi
B16B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a few questions.

I am new here. I drive a 87 honda civic si hatchback (lightest hatch ever made if anyone didnt know that). I am looking to buy parts for it. I am doing a B16b (type r civic swap). I wanna know if any companies make exhausts, intakes, headers, etc that will fit this year car. Also suspension work like coilovers if anyone can answer plz help!
Old 11-02-2004, 07:07 AM
b18coupe

there is lots of companys that make shit for that car. you buy the header and intake for the motor. if you order the motor off hmotorsonline, it comes with the stock exhaust manifold, or for $200 more you can get the jdm itr header. you can get intake anywhere, same goes for exhaust. kteller.com is really good.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:52 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

or you can try http://www.hasport.com/ I heard alot of people give them good ratings and I am going to try them here shortly in about 6 months for a b16 to drop into my 91 Civic. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:37 AM
87hondacivicsi
B16B

well im going to www.totaljdm.com its the cheapest i found and my 3 friends have gone through there and they were already upgraded? lol my friend got a b18c5 and it had hks adjustable came gears, crower cams, forged aluminum pistons, rods and sleeves. dont know about crank yet havent taken it that far down. Its making 260hp and he bought it for like 4500?
Old 11-12-2004, 06:21 AM
ikarus

how does the CTR pair up witht he ITR. is there a big difference in performance. Srry to jack ur thread but i have been looking for someone doing this swap so im going to pick ur brain.

I have a 00 civic hatchback. now for the past year i have been dbating the several different motor options. My main focuse before was to go BOOST but now im looking more at an all motor setup. Its a daily driver so reliability is everything in this car. Im thinking boost might not be the way to go. Any thoughtS? with boost i was looking at LS, GSR, and SI. focusing more on the LS and SI. Now im looking at all motor such as CTR or ITR motors. any and all suggestions are welcome. Experiances if any??
Old 11-12-2004, 07:04 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

The '87 Si was far from the lightest Civic hatchback, the 1G hatchbacks blow it away.

Advertised curb weights:
'87 Si: 1797 lbs
'75 (ave.): 1610 lbs

Use engine accessories made for the engine, not the body. The header will require custom exhaust work to fit. A short intake made for normal B-series will probably fit with a battery relocation. Engine internals don't matter on the body, because they are exactly that... internal to the engine. Ground control makes a coilover kit for the rears (the front is a mcpherson strut setup with no springs and can be lowered without aftermarket parts.)