Notices

How Low?

Old 10-27-2004, 01:21 PM
91_Hulk_Si
M0der@t0r Assassin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Low?

I'm dropping the ole ride height. I'm thinkinking 1.7" in the front and 1.5" in the rear. I would appreciate any imput yall have from doing this and wether you used springs or coilovers.Thanx
Old 10-27-2004, 02:20 PM
augy

What's your MO? If you're going for the slammed look, then it's whatever looks good. If you're going for performance, there is such a thing as too low. I don't want to get too into the physics of it, but you probably already know that the reason lowering the car improves handling is that the moment arm of the torque exerted on the center of gravity if your car by the friction of your tires on the road is reduced in magnitude. However, once the center of gravity gets below a certain height (determined by weight distribution, net weight, and wheelbase primarily), you will see certain compromises in performance particular to certain driving applications. The numbers you have there should work out fine, but pick up the honda tuner's handbooks; they discuss the physics of it and you can make an informed decision.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

there's also a volume II.
Old 10-27-2004, 07:06 PM
91_Hulk_Si
M0der@t0r Assassin

My MO is fun driving.... Its all about handeling, not the tuner look. I searched the internet for 3 hours and decided on after market struts and coilovers. I can tune the weight dist. and keep it just above speed bump assassin. Thanks though.
Old 10-27-2004, 09:58 PM
augy

Congrats. Have fun
Old 10-27-2004, 10:16 PM
nick32

id go with around 2'' or a little under! jmo, that usually what i run mine at!
Old 10-28-2004, 01:45 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by 91_Hulk_Si
I searched the internet for 3 hours and decided on after market struts and coilovers.
Then go for Koni shocks and Ground Control coilovers. Call up GC to get a kit with spring rates matched to what you need them for. Ride height will be reduced about an inch and a half for a good setup, corner weighing would be useful if you can find a place that can do it. You can't tune weight dist. without corner weighing.