Notices

I need a muffler!

Old 10-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Mark Finley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a muffler!

My muffler is rusty and useless, and fell off the car today. Can somebody point me to a place to get a OEM muffler for a good price? I don't mind used if it's a good one.
I have a 90 LX sedan with a 1.5, and I'm interested in an OEM type muffler with the short pipes that go into both sides of it.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-20-2004, 06:57 PM
Muddy9069

Almost any muffler shop will sell you one installed for about $40 to $60. But it sounds like your gonna need more than just the muffler. If your pipes are rusted bad also you will probably need to replace from the cat converter all the way back. Midas wanted $359 for mine...but I found a hole in the wall place that did it for $90. Pick up a phone book and call around. Just ask them what it would cost from the cat conv back and use that as a worse case scenero.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Mark Finley

Originally Posted by Muddy9069
Almost any muffler shop will sell you one installed for about $40 to $60. But it sounds like your gonna need more than just the muffler. If your pipes are rusted bad also you will probably need to replace from the cat converter all the way back. Midas wanted $359 for mine...but I found a hole in the wall place that did it for $90. Pick up a phone book and call around. Just ask them what it would cost from the cat conv back and use that as a worse case scenero.
The OEM muffler has pipes already sticking out both ends of it, and the rest of the parts have already been replaced on the car, they look new. I've found the OEM for $80 online, but I will take your advice and see what a local shop would cost to replace all the parts. I doubt I'm going to do better than $80 though. What I would like is to buy one of somebody that has tricked up their exhaust, and wants to find a home the old parts.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 10-21-2004, 12:26 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

lol Just do what one of my friends did; dont even put a pipe on there....lol...jk..lol..Don't do that.....BADDDDDDDDDDDDDD....but funny and it can prolly get you in trouble with EMMISSIONS