Notices

i have a a big problem...please try to help..

Old 10-19-2004, 05:24 PM
bustah49
Mr. Motorhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a a big problem...please try to help..

i have a 91 civic dx hb. i put a 98 d16y7 motor with a z6 head on it in my car. i changed the car from dpfi to mpfi. i had probs getting the car to run which i found to be my igniter. changed that and it started. my problem is that the car is smelling allot like raw fuel...which is a sign of loading up. i found my iacv is bad, so i did the "piece of pop can trick" between the iacv and intake..the surging idle is gone. could i have a coil that is going bad? igniter going bad again? the car absolutely screams....ebrake===smokes 1st and 2nd gear.. but it smells like unburnt fuel. the fuel smell is coming from the exhaust also.i am about to buy some C-4 PLASTIC EXPLOSIVE AND END THIS DAMN CARS LIFE.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:37 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by bustah49
i am about to buy some C-4 PLASTIC EXPLOSIVE AND END THIS DAMN CARS LIFE.
Wait, before you blow it up:

I'll give you $1.50 and a side of fries for it. :naughty:

h:

Anyway, I guess the car isn't throwing any codes? It's obviously running rich for some reason.

Burning tires while holding the e-brake is easy, BTW... for FWD cars at least.
Old 10-22-2004, 10:57 AM
91_Hulk_Si
M0der@t0r Assassin

IT IS RUNNIG RICH!!!! In fuel that is...

Get the shop manual and find out how to adjust the air to fuel ratio... that should solve it.
Old 10-23-2004, 08:08 PM
ManoloCRX
All Motor

MAP sensor...
Old 10-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by 91_Hulk_Si
Get the shop manual and find out how to adjust the air to fuel ratio... that should solve it.
You can't do that on Hondas.
Originally Posted by ManoloCRX
MAP sensor...
That would throw a code. Code 5, actually.
Old 10-25-2004, 03:21 PM
bustah49
Mr. Motorhead

My Setup again
91 civic dx hb
converted from dpfi-mpfi
88 crxsi ecu,dizzy,intake mani.
motor is a 98 d16y7 with a 94 civic ex (z6) head on it.
ok guys, i just replaced the coil and the igniter. after the car warms up...and the idleing dies to almost nothing...it sounds like a whole bunch of rockers are ticking. tick.tick.ticka ticka tick ticktick...this thing is driving me nuckin futz. also,no CEL...
if the car is running and you pull off the plug to the tps...should the car shut off or anything? it don't do anything if i pull the plug off except turn on the cel. i checked all the vacuum lines and sprayed carb cleaner everywhere....nothing. i even replaced the pcv valve.....would a clogged cat convertor do this to me? can i use a obd1 throttle body....?
also, another guy said that the valves need adjusted...i did adjust the valves when i did the mini-me..i only put 12 miles on this damn motor since the mini-me conversion.
PLEASE TRY TO HELP ME..
Old 10-25-2004, 07:38 PM
LSVTECKING
rebuilding

Pressurize your fuel system with a tester and guage and see if it leaks off with the return line pinched off. If it does you could have a faulty fuel regulator or a leaky injector? Just something to check B4 you go throwing cash at parts. Also re adjust your valves bacuse you may have left on a little loose(prob on the exhaust side) and fuel could be getting to your exhaust that way.
Old 10-26-2004, 03:17 PM
bustah49
Mr. Motorhead

ok...just out of curiosity. i replaced the fuel pressure regulator with a good one.....i also replaced the coolant temperature sensor. did not make a differance. so for shits and giggles, i took off my exhaust,(since i was gonna replace it anyhow) aand took the convertor off....YOU CAN NOT SEE THROUGH THE CONVERTOR so i think that the convertor is clogged. i also took off the EACV,guess what,...there is no damn screen in it. so i am going to try and find a good used eacv that is compaible with the crx si. and i am going to borrow a set of injectors and another ecu...
Old 10-27-2004, 08:31 AM
bustah49
Mr. Motorhead

165 views....no replies lately........
Old 10-27-2004, 05:14 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

I know I am a NOVICE on all of this but DAMN DUDE people here do have lives............................Sorr had to get that out there.......Someone will eventually answer but till then be patient...lol....PEACE!!!!!!!