Notices

Ok, so now i'm really confused *oil burning*

Old 10-25-2004, 11:18 AM
Magik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redcivicforever
I really do love you Jason, I think that post was just so nice, and intuitive, and intelligent, and did I mention that I love you?
Thanks again Jason for the help!
Christine
...now where's that 'blushing' smiley...aww shrucks Christine :P You scratch my back, I'll scratch your's...umm...I mean..ahh...*blush*

Personally I try and go with what the manufacturer recommends...but perhaps after you have the leakdown test etc, that the other have suggested and if you determine that it is in fact rings...if you fix those...have an oil change done too and start off again with 5w30.

On the mechanic front...have you tried calling/e-mailing shops in nearby cities? I mean if you had to drive an hour or two (or a little more) and it would save you hundreds of dollars...wouldn't you do it?

Jason
Old 10-25-2004, 12:41 PM
redcivicforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magik
...now where's that 'blushing' smiley...aww shrucks Christine :P You scratch my back, I'll scratch your's...umm...I mean..ahh...*blush*

Personally I try and go with what the manufacturer recommends...but perhaps after you have the leakdown test etc, that the other have suggested and if you determine that it is in fact rings...if you fix those...have an oil change done too and start off again with 5w30.

On the mechanic front...have you tried calling/e-mailing shops in nearby cities? I mean if you had to drive an hour or two (or a little more) and it would save you hundreds of dollars...wouldn't you do it?

Jason
hi Jason :love:
h: oops! I should have put at least one in there huh? (it isn't smily cause I can't find the smily one damn it!)
I think due to the way high labor costs, not to mention time without my (only) car :sad: I think i'll just have them do a replacement motor instead and keep my fingers crossed that it'll last until I can get another car. I'll probably end up paying about $1,000 if i'm lucky for the engine and labor if i'm lucky. I wish I could just sell it or trade it but i'm attached, so i'm stuck with it. I just expected so many more miles from a Honda than this :rant: Anyway I will definately start putting 5w30 in when I get it going. If I could i'd go to another state to get the work done, the farther from this hellhole city I live in the better I say! IMO the entire state of Colorado sucks for everything, including car repairs, so just to get away I'd do it. Realistically I don't know if I can do it though cost-wise. I checked the surroudning towns within a 100 mile radius and couldn't get a deal better than what i'll end up paying. Thanks for the help and oil suggestions!
your in Canada eh? :canada: I work for a Canadian medicine company