Notices

91 ex seats into 91 hatchback?

Old 10-17-2004, 05:45 PM
Mackenzie C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 ex seats into 91 hatchback?

i found out i have to change the rails, i think there called. well i guess im still doing it and it looks like ish going to work. ima have a lil luxury in a hatch, ha haha. ima do the 5 speed tranny swap when it warms up on a weekend or else ima do it in the cold
Old 10-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I've changed a transmission in the middle of winter. It isn't that bad, all the activity keeps you warm.
Old 10-17-2004, 09:21 PM
augy

move to california
Old 10-18-2004, 01:45 PM
cwhiteboy

make sure about the rail thing. I have and hf and always wanted the si seats. I found some mint (and I mean mint!) si seats from some guy for 100 bucks shipped. I then went to the junkyard and got some si rails, guess what, nothing fit. The si rails would fit to the seat, but one of the holes in the back wouldn't line up to the floor. I tried modifying my old hf rails, that didn't work out to well. Im gonna have to end up bolting a 1 and 1 half inch high block of metal to the floor and attach the seat to that. Then im gonna have to drill a hole and attach some si seat belt clips so I have seat belts. (hf's had the seat belt clip on the rail, and they wont swap over to the si rails.) Anyways, just make sure you do all the measuring right or you'll be stuck without a passenger seat like me and a pissed off girlfriend.

Originally Posted by augy
move to california
hehe. Agreed. I can't wait to move back to Cali!
Old 10-18-2004, 03:56 PM
Mackenzie C

Originally Posted by Kai
I've changed a transmission in the middle of winter. It isn't that bad, all the activity keeps you warm.
alright
Old 10-18-2004, 03:59 PM
Mackenzie C

[QUOTE=cwhiteboy]make sure about the rail thing. I have and hf and always wanted the si seats. I found some mint (and I mean mint!) si seats from some guy for 100 bucks shipped. I then went to the junkyard and got some si rails, guess what, nothing fit. The si rails would fit to the seat, but one of the holes in the back wouldn't line up to the floor. I tried modifying my old hf rails, that didn't work out to well. Im gonna have to end up bolting a 1 and 1 half inch high block of metal to the floor and attach the seat to that. Then im gonna have to drill a hole and attach some si seat belt clips so I have seat belts. (hf's had the seat belt clip on the rail, and they wont swap over to the si rails.) Anyways, just make sure you do all the measuring right or you'll be stuck without a passenger seat like me and a pissed off girlfriend.

yeah they fit, im using my old rails and im putting them on the ex seats. or i mean i did put them on, just cleaning the car now. all of the bolts fit in the same spot (for the seats) and it looks nice. and ill be doing the tranny swap this weekend if all goes well with the weather and other stuff. he hee.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:50 PM
ullerw
rexerk

post some pics i thought about somethin like this for my car but i wanna know what it looks like first
Old 10-18-2004, 08:16 PM
Mackenzie C

how do you post pics? give me a email and ill send em to you, aite? you want pics of the seats and the rails right?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:27 PM
augy

Originally Posted by cwhiteboy
Anyways, just make sure you do all the measuring right or you'll be stuck without a passenger seat like me and a pissed off girlfriend.
haha! No seat, no pussy.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Mackenzie C

hmmmmmmmmm..................... i seem to have a problem. all of the bolts for the rails fit on the car except the back left (for driver) and back right (for passenger). its like 1 cm away from the hole. ish crazy. id post pics if i knew how. but yeah. what do you guys thing could be wrong? the back of the ex seat is to wide?