Notices

CRX Revival?

Old 10-19-2004, 02:16 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was saying if you ask me its a pos, i didnt say that it isnt popular...
i'm sure it is a great car.. but i dunno.

the insight is really the evolution of the CRX, the crx was nible for it's day, yes, quite scooty aswell, but the problem is that the idea of it was still an economy car, there's not other way to look at it, even for 80's standards it isnt that safe, though it's not all that terrible either it was always meant to be an economy machine
Old 10-19-2004, 04:23 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where's the Insight SI? The two cars are pointed at different markets. I don't see people lining up to buy an Insight for its cool factor, especially since it costs more than an Accord LX, and is slower as well. The CRX was a cool little car that did everything well; you could choose an HF for economy or an SI for a little more go. It's primary purpose was not as an economy car, but to attract young buyers to the Honda name that didn't have the money for a Prelude.

If you remember what the regular Civic looked like back in the late 80's, it was ok, but not exactly inspiring. The CRX was a whole new look, and I almost bought a one. Fortunately I married into one, so I had many miles on the road with it.

I'd say the Fit is likely to be the next "CRX" since it will be at sub-Civic prices, and will have many factory goodies to add-on. As someone else mentioned, it looks to be a competitor with the little Scion coupe.

Even if the CRX were to come back, it would be in name only and share nothing in common with the old ones, so what's the point of conjecture?
Old 10-19-2004, 06:32 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I hear alot of talk about there not being a market for 2-seater sports coupes these days. It may not be big, but I think there is still a market. Many companies are keeping 2-seaters in their lineups. The new Lotus Elise, M-Benz SLK's, S2000, etc. Well I can at least say for myself that if Honda decided on something that looked like one of the concept drawings I've come across, I'd buy one. Something to cruise around in on the weekends, good gas on long drives, and I like how I can park my '89 Si damn near anywhere .