Notices

CRX Revival?

Old 10-16-2004, 11:02 AM
cwhiteboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I doubt the crx will ever be "revived", the market for small economical cars is coming back. People are starting to realize that having a "huge" suv or truck as a daily driver kinda sucks. Especially with gas prices so high. Isn't the Honda Fit coming to the u.s., thats the current rumor, and if not honda wants to introduce something similar as a rebutle to the scion. (the element was supposed to do just that, but it didn't quite work out to well.)
Old 10-16-2004, 11:11 AM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Originally Posted by cwhiteboy
Although I doubt the crx will ever be "revived", the market for small economical cars is coming back. People are starting to realize that having a "huge" suv or truck as a daily driver kinda sucks. Especially with gas prices so high. Isn't the Honda Fit coming to the u.s., thats the current rumor, and if not honda wants to introduce something similar as a rebutle to the scion. (the element was supposed to do just that, but it didn't quite work out to well.)

yeah alot of people are saying that the Fit is coming to our shores.. im not so sure about that though.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:47 PM
flappy188
O.G. SON!

Originally Posted by Kai
Yeah... sure. Whatever you say. i-VTEC is bad.

I don't see a CRX type car coming out anytime soon, simply because there is no market for it.

i-vtec is GARBAGE!!! just look at the new dog SI hatches
Old 10-16-2004, 01:44 PM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

Originally Posted by flappy188

the technology isnt bad whatsoever, it really smoothes out the torque curve on a honda 4 cylinder engine, one of Honda's WORST features is its super uneven torque curve.

However, the engine in the Si is only supposed to be abit more beefy then the other Civics, its not meant for a racecar, and that said , the new Civic Si isnt all that light either.

iVTEC is most likely the future for Honda, and almost every other company that was featuring variable valve technology (toyota, BMW, Benz, Alfa Romeo) to name a few.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:21 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by flappy188
iVTEC is superior to the old VTEC, that has nothing to do with the body. Last time I checked, the iVTEC RSX Type S was pretty quick. The Civic's problem is the fat ass they've grown in recent years.
Old 10-16-2004, 10:15 PM
flappy188
O.G. SON!

Originally Posted by Kai
iVTEC is superior to the old VTEC, that has nothing to do with the body. Last time I checked, the iVTEC RSX Type S was pretty quick. The Civic's problem is the fat ass they've grown in recent years.

All I'm saying is after driving the new Si and the rsx type S, I thought they were total dawgs compaired to the B16 that is in the 99 si's
just seemed really weak......... But like i said just my opinion.. Please dont take offense!
Old 10-17-2004, 12:47 AM
PikkaGTR
Power of Dreams

man not to bash on what you are saying because speed is relative, but if you drovee the rxs type-S and it felt slow compared to your 99 Si then i dont know waht you've been smoking.
i personally have driven my friend's 2000 SI and a base EP Si and a rsx base/Type s.
the new EP civic does feel sluggish but it's a very buttery smooth power band where as the older EK had an uneven tq curve. the base rsx isn't all that fun but i can tel you the new type-S feels very quick.
now if i were to compare it with the DC2 ITR then id doesnot "feel" as fast cause there's no huge VTEC spike but trust me it accelerates about the same.
i have a hard time with the type-S but i dont think an EK Si will give me a run for my money.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:32 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
but if you drovee the rxs type-S and it felt slow compared to your 99 Si then i dont know waht you've been smoking.
Exactly... the 99-00 Si is pokey, it's just sad how slow it really is. The RSX Type S is quick, considering the fact it's only a 2.0l N/A.

iVTEC adds timing control on top of the existing VTEC system, how could it possibly not be better? :eh:
Old 10-17-2004, 09:55 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hello people.... what are you smoking the CRX came back in 01' as the insight, the idea of the crx was a two-seater economy car with a low coeffcient of drag and which was to be very light...

the idea never said the CRX didnt have to be a hybrid, its just in the early crx days the hybrid didnt exist.. the way i think about it is....

honda starts hybrid project and calls it the "insight"> they apply "insight"'s technology to the CRX> the CRX becomes the Insight

not to mention why would honda re enter a fully gas-powered motor CRX when it has the insight to fill it's place?

the FIT is a POS if you ask me... a weird mix between a GTI and a civic si that went terribly wrong.....
Old 10-17-2004, 04:04 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the insight if you would consider it an evolution of any CRX then it would only be the HF - "high fuel mileage" model...you could get 50mpg with average performance

but saying the insight embodied what the CRX was is ignoring the fact of what the CRX truly was quick and extremely nimble for their day with good power to weight ratios

as for call the Fit a POS read up on it as the world does not share your same opinion...for instance, it is the first car to knock toyota's corrolla off the best selling car in Japan (30 year record was ended) and on the verge to repeat its sales crown (a 50 year record for someone to back to back to beat toyota at #1 model sale), the awards it has received in Europe and Asia, and it is fast becoming a bread and butter member of honda's global lineup (its sales in the US will be good as there is a big void below the civic for something smaller)...then after seeing its sales success do some research on the Spoon modified Fit endurance racecar