Notices

suspension compatibility

Old 09-13-2004, 04:51 PM
sick79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default suspension compatibility

i recently picked up an 89 crx dx. i have a 91 dx hatch. my question is, i need to replace the lower ball joint, and had planned on just using the entire lower control arm from the crx since its in good condition. but the crx has a front sway bar, and my hatch doesnt.

so, can i use the lower control arm on my hatch with the sway bar? does anyone know if the hatch will already have the bracket holes tapped into the body etc? and is getting the front swaybar put on going to be a decent upgrade, considering my car doesnt have one now? thanks alot.

also, does anyone know if the rack and pinion in the crx and hatch are interchangable? thanks again.

joe.
Old 09-14-2004, 12:31 AM
slammed91-hatch

I would think that they are interchangeable and the hatch should be pre drilled for a swap bar since the si has them. This is no guarantee though. You can check like at the honda dealer and compare part numbers.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:07 PM
XJamesX
also B18C5crx

Yes it will be a good upgrade. The holes should be there. like you said the crx STD(dx) has a sway bar, I thought the hatches did aswell.

-James-
Old 09-15-2004, 04:51 PM
sick79

Originally Posted by XJamesX
Yes it will be a good upgrade. The holes should be there. like you said the crx STD(dx) has a sway bar, I thought the hatches did aswell.

-James-
sorry i havent responded, my phone line has been down.

for some reason my hatch doesnt have a front sway, i see that the lower control arm has the hole for the bushing etc., but i was wondering if the underbody has the bracket, holes, etc. but i do appreciate the advice, i guess ill just get under there and find out for sure. thanks again.