Notices

roll cage for a crx

Old 09-01-2004, 09:47 AM
CREXGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roll cage for a crx

want to find a roll cage for my crx, can you please give me some companies that make these. some pics would be nice too.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:29 AM
jc836

First-there are only 2 companies that make a kit that fits correctly. KIRK and Autopower.
Now to Why I use KIRK-the kit is fabricated to fit very tightly in a CRX whether you have the interior in it or not. It is available with a number of weld-in options. The price is very fair. The unit meets both SCCA and NASA rules for materials. Now, you must decide why and how you plan this to be in the car. If for the street only-then DON'T do it. For austocross and once in a while HPDE-get a 4 point with harness bar. If for the track the minimum will be 6-point and 8 is better still. If you are as serious as I am then get the NASCAR style door bars for track-only use. See where this is going.

Give KIRK a call. They are great to work with regardless of what you want the cage/bar assembly for. Once installed-please use the real SFI padding on it. This material is available from Summit Racing and is high density (minimum thickness is 1/2" but 1" is better).
Good luck
Old 09-02-2004, 05:17 PM
CREXGO

Default cage

I want to use my car for everyday use. i am most concerned with top and side impacts. wondering if there is also a bolt in style? thanks for the reply.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

If it is street only, don't bother. Unless you drive like the worst kind of idiot, you don't have to worry about rollovers and the like... plus people will look at you funny if you have a cage in a car that can't run at least 12 sec quarter.

Cages are generally designed for use by a driver wearing a helmet. If you get into a crash and slam your head into one of the bars, goodnight.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:12 AM
jc836

Kai makes an excellent point. No matter what padding you use-without a helmet you will have issues with both your head and arms (depending on cage). Both companies offer a bolt-in kit, btw.
Old 09-04-2004, 06:28 AM
roadracejunkie

Default roll cage

I custom fabricate cages, and I am near akron ohio.
If you would like to discuss some possibilities give me a call.

For your needs, daily use, You can buy a kirk main hoop and we can build off of that, or I can custom bend what ever you need.

Alot of people out there don't know I exist as a cage builder, just a race competitor in nasa and scca. I don't fab cages for shipping or general bolt in use, it is hard to remain cost effective and compete against kirk or autopower.

chris stiffler
(330) 350-6127
street n track autosports
medina ohio
2003 nasa honda challenge champions (H4)
Old 09-08-2004, 01:49 PM
CREXGO

Default .

hmm, didn't even think about banging my head on the damn thing, I guess i'll have to seriously rethink my plan. Anyways off the subject who knows some companies that make sway bars and which do you all prefer. tryin to get many different opinions.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:53 PM
hircc

Originally Posted by roadracejunkie
I custom fabricate cages, and I am near akron ohio.
If you would like to discuss some possibilities give me a call.

For your needs, daily use, You can buy a kirk main hoop and we can build off of that, or I can custom bend what ever you need.

Alot of people out there don't know I exist as a cage builder, just a race competitor in nasa and scca. I don't fab cages for shipping or general bolt in use, it is hard to remain cost effective and compete against kirk or autopower.

chris stiffler
(330) 350-6127
street n track autosports
medina ohio
2003 nasa honda challenge champions (H4)

Chris built my cage and everyone who sees it is impressed looks GREAT

Old 09-08-2004, 04:03 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Tone down on the advertising, guys. It's against the TOS.

Welcome to HAN, though, enjoy your stay.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:26 AM
roadracejunkie

ok, no advertising got it, thanks for the kind warning....didn't mean to break any rules.