Notices

crx all 2 passenger cars?

Old 08-29-2004, 03:08 AM
Fire
wanna run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well the inferral would be that its not worth it (a backseat) in a CRX there bud.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:19 AM
rexerin
beep! beep!

i think you mean inferrence? and its worth it if you prefer the JDM look like i do, and if you get it for the price i paid for mine, which is in perfect shape

but yes, unless you just like the way it looks and don't plan on ever having anyone in it, its not worth the trouble unless you want to risk people getting hurt, and/or yourself getting screwed in court.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:11 AM
More&Faster

man i wish i had a back seat in mine. i hear its a major pain in the arse to install them on first gens though, so i wont bother. i really dont think it would be a legal issue though. i mean, if its not illegal to ride in the bed of a pickup truck, then i think anyone who tried to sue you over an 'unsafe' rear seat would have a hard time. the only relevant issue that could come up would be proper installation of the seatbelts i think.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:45 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by More&Faster
i mean, if its not illegal to ride in the bed of a pickup truck (...)
Yes it is.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:22 AM
More&Faster

Originally Posted by Kai
Yes it is.
in ohio its legal as long as the passengers are over 16, and they dont go on any freeways.
Old 08-29-2004, 12:13 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

In VA, it's only legal for low speed backwoods secondary roads. Pretty much anytime you try it here, you risk getting pulled over.

Then along comes the seatbelt laws. In VA, no belt means ticket. For each person not wearing a belt, the driver gets a ticket, as well as the person not wearing the belt if they are over 16.

Example: Bubba is driving around with Billy and Bob in the bed of his truck. Bubba gets cited for driving with people in the bed, and two counts of passengers without belts. Billy and Bob get one citation each for not wearing belts. That's a total of five citations.

Crazy, huh?
Old 08-29-2004, 02:21 PM
aero3685

Originally Posted by Kai
Example: Bubba is driving around with Billy and Bob in the bed of his truck. Bubba gets cited for driving with people in the bed, and two counts of passengers without belts. Billy and Bob get one citation each for not wearing belts. That's a total of five citations.
The way it should be. With people who drive today, it doesnt matter how well you drive. To sit in the back of a truck on a regular road... you pretty much dont have much to live for. After the hurricane took out the power for a while here, the stop lights didnt work. As you know.. or should know, if the lights are out, and it is an intersection, you treat it as a 4 way stop. Well some old guy didnt want to and t-boned a pickup w/a person in the bed. Needless to say, the guy died. I am also happy that seatbelt laws have been started. I never understand what is so hard about wearing them in the first place. But then again, if you are stupid enough not to... then if you die, one less stupid person.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
zack77
Space Cowboy

Originally Posted by aero3685
I am also happy that seatbelt laws have been started. I never understand what is so hard about wearing them in the first place. But then again, if you are stupid enough not to... then if you die, one less stupid person.
Well put. Most car accident fatalities happen within 20 miles of the victims home and the majority aren't wearing seatbelts. Let's remember this when making a quick drive to the store to pickup tampons for yer girlfriend...only one of you has to be a bloody wanker(for you english chaps :chuckles: ). I wouldn't want to be the guy that scrapes brains off the road with a shovel.
Old 08-30-2004, 06:42 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by aero3685
(...)
True.

Remember,

Stupid people + Darwin = Dead stupid people.