Notices

Help, hatch leaking

Old 08-23-2004, 03:38 PM
ullerw
rexerk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, hatch leaking

Hey guys my rear hatch is leaking at the struts and possibly elsewhere. It drips directly onto my rear speakers If anyone knows what i should look for to fix that any help would be appreciated. Also sometimes water pools in the back, i have no clue where this is coming from but not from the same place i suspect because it doesnt quite leak that much from the struts.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:59 PM
zack77
Space Cowboy

Originally Posted by ullerw
Hey guys my rear hatch is leaking at the struts and possibly elsewhere. It drips directly onto my rear speakers If anyone knows what i should look for to fix that any help would be appreciated. Also sometimes water pools in the back, i have no clue where this is coming from but not from the same place i suspect because it doesnt quite leak that much from the struts.
I've got the same problem :sad: I don't think it's the rear window washer nozzle...leaks too fast to be that. My weather stripping is in decent shape so :wtf:!! The only thing I can think of, and I should do this too cause I haven't, is to take the inside panels off and spray the car with a garden hose to see where the water might be coming from. I'll get to that in the next couple of days and let you know what I find...maybe your hatch leaks in the same place.
Old 08-23-2004, 08:24 PM
mdrex89
mdrex89

when it rains hard my center interor light get water in it but all my wether stripping is good ......any body know where it could be leaking at :dunno:
Old 08-23-2004, 08:26 PM
mdrex89
mdrex89

i cant spell
Old 08-23-2004, 09:17 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

This Happened to me in my 91 Hatch as well when I got it 6 to 7 months ago....Check all the weather stripping and make sure it is in there good and tight and make sure there are no craps or holes or rips in any of the stripping. Then make sure the windows in the back of the hatch close properly. Then also where you might wanna check as well is the spare tire compartment and make sure there are no holes or rust spots if so you can go to any hardware store and get a seal for it or at Autozone or your local automotive shop....And if your still having leak problems you might as well tear your whole back end and replace all panels and stripping and get all holes sealed properly!!!

:bigok:
Old 08-24-2004, 02:35 AM
Fire
wanna run

Do you have a sunroof? If you do check the drain tubes. remove your headliner. You will be able to see where they are attached at the base of the sunroof (on all four sides leading down over the top of your windows) and get a friend to go to the drain points (wheel wells and rear of car) and plug the end with his thumb while you blow air down the tube. Then if you do find a leak make sure you dont have any punctures in your seals and then check for RUST!
Old 08-24-2004, 02:41 AM
Fire
wanna run

Oh And Hey, Be Friekin Careful With The Headliner...that Sh*t Gets Hard And Easy To Break Since You Have A 12+ Year Old Vehicle.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:26 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

I agree:yay:
Old 08-24-2004, 07:52 AM
zack77
Space Cowboy

Originally Posted by firefastsi
Do you have a sunroof? If you do...
Ya know, it's kinda strange but I don't have a sunroof on my '89Si. I bought the car from a friend and I guess the guy before him took it out and put a solid roof on(even though it still has the old headliner). I guess he was trying to reduce some curb weight. Even so the solid roof looks securely installed(i.e. no holes or rust). Anybody got a spare, solid headliner they want to sell?
Old 08-24-2004, 08:02 AM
ullerw
rexerk

Oh btw my car is an 89 CRX SI, i do have the sunroof. It is a possibility that that is where it is leaking from. And about the headliner, does Honda sell new ones? I think if I do end up braking it i might as well replace with a new one rather than another broken one, thx for all the responses btw, its been really helpful and hopefully ill be able to get this damn thing fixed