Notices

Help, hatch leaking

Old 10-17-2005, 07:01 AM
HondaJack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tankard
I think you and jc836 are correct. I took it off again, and saw a hairline crack in the seam filler at the end underneath the strip. I put some glue on it and put the gutter stip back on. I sprayed some water on it after the glue dried the next day, and it did not leak. I'll know for sure the next time it rains. Thanks for the info.
I have the same cracks now that I take a very close look at it. I am just going to try out some silicone and see how that gos. Any updade on your glue working?
Old 10-18-2005, 05:27 PM
ullerw
rexerk

hmm, well my car still leaks since i posted this after cleaning out the drain tubes, but i never did check the silicone, its jsut somethin ive been dealin with for a year!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:04 AM
Tankard

Originally Posted by HondaJack
I have the same cracks now that I take a very close look at it. I am just going to try out some silicone and see how that gos. Any updade on your glue working?
Nope. It has'nt rained since i've done it. With my luck, i'm sure it'll still leak.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
shorty_boy

Default I wanna join the leaky hatch club too!

Um i think after about 2 years i found the culprit. The side rear windows may have something to do with it. The weather striping on the top has a small .5 cm gap on both windows on the top corners. i am goint to re seal it this weekend and see if that does it. I also get puddles in the spare tire area and the plastic caps where the struts connect to the body leak as well. Funniy thing is i have an hf so not sunroof for me!! how strange!?
Old 10-21-2005, 04:01 PM
shawn_crx8891

if i'm not mistaken the quarter windows are held on with some type of adhesive/sealer, so the mouldings around the windows don't actually seal them.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:44 PM
shorty_boy

Default thanks for the head up...

yeah if you are correct then yeah that would be my prob. wilma is trying to tear it up over here so i have to wait till she is gone. this would have been a good test to see if my plan would have worked!!!!
Old 10-24-2005, 08:01 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

I got a hatch leak too~!
Old 11-21-2005, 02:57 AM
Tankard

Just thought i would do a follow up post here. It's raining now and my hatch is not leaking. My leaking hatch was caused by a hairline crack, which was hardly even noticable, up under the rain gutter(strip). There is one on each side. I simply pulled the strip up and applied some heavy duty welder glue that you can buy at Walmart on the crack. I'm sure any silicon sealant would work also. I then laid the strip back down over the glue. It did'nt take much glue. Just enough to cover the hairline crack. When you remove the rain gutter, pry it up carefully with a large flat head screwdriver, being sure not to bend it.