Notices

b16a question

Old 08-23-2004, 04:18 PM
ED9man
driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cams have nothing to do with compression.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:35 PM
Fire
wanna run

cams only have to do with the fuel air mixture/amount let into the combustion chamber. Compression we are talkin chamber, pistons, etc... hey im not asking stupid questions here ive been under a car my whole life. Im only asking if there is a specific stamp or another way to tell if my block came from the auto or standard version.
Old 08-23-2004, 06:24 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by firefastsi
cams only have to do with the fuel air mixture/amount let into the combustion chamber. Compression we are talkin chamber, pistons, etc... hey im not asking stupid questions here ive been under a car my whole life. Im only asking if there is a specific stamp or another way to tell if my block came from the auto or standard version.
you could get number off the block and run it to see what car it came out of, and whether or not that car was an auto or a manual.
Old 08-24-2004, 02:25 AM
Fire
wanna run

Hmm now theres a novel non-lazy idea lol. I wuz hoping to avoid the 25 bucks it costs to do that...haha i guess ill bite the bullet. Thanks =)
Old 08-24-2004, 03:34 PM
Civic2Scooby

Hmm now theres a novel non-lazy idea lol. I wuz hoping to avoid the 25 bucks it costs to do that...haha i guess ill bite the bullet. Thanks =)
sometimes they just phuck up and send you the wrong ecu though. I have had a couple of my buddies that have had to send back the ecu and get the proper one. who did you order the motor from?
Old 08-24-2004, 03:54 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

ok i wanted to know how i can tell if the b16 i bought was originally an automatic or a manual. Kai? any thoughts?
Sorry, I was offline working for a few days. Yes, the unemployed bum actually does get work sometimes. h:

Anyway, first thing's first. If the engine has a torque converter/flex plate/auto trans on it, it probably came from an auto car. :chuckles:

OK, sorry, enough kidding around.

First off, look at the block serial number. If memory serves, it will start with a 1 or a 5. One million series blocks came from Civics (of which there was NO automatic B16A's) whereas the five million series came in an Integra RSi or XSi, both had automatic options.

From there, the block would have to be further disassembled to tell. If it came mated to a manual I wouldn't worry about it, but the easy way out is to swap in some GS-R or ITR cams.

The ECU is still worth money to the 90-91 G2 Integra crowd. Some of them run auto B16A's because they don't know any better.
Old 08-24-2004, 04:31 PM
Fire
wanna run

lol gracias