Notices

front camber kit or front upper control arms???

Old 08-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front camber kit or front upper control arms???

ok i just tore up the upper ball joints, my friend and that damn haynes book told me that i cant just buy upper ball joints that i need to buy new upper control arms is this true? also... napa tells me they will sell me the upper control arms for 104.99 a peice, total of 209. and some change, you think that i can buy a front camber kit for close to that price? because if i can buy one for a few bucks more i rather buy that then the stock control arms... but if its like 100.00 to 200.00 more dollars i rather not buy that... well not really rather but i dont got the cash anyways help please thanks
Old 08-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

damn no answers... well... no one worry about it i got the problem taken care off...
Old 08-18-2004, 04:35 AM
89crxinprogress

i have the same problem with the left side. you can buy a cheap camber kit for about the same price but i don't see how that fixes your problem with your upper ball joints. please explain. also you might find a junk yard and see if there are and crx's there that have good control arms.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:55 AM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

well for the crx i have seen one style of camber kit that is a whole UCA replacement with bushing and everything... then ofcourse there is also the ball joint style that replaces only the ball joint so i was actually thinking of buying one of the two.... instead i decided to just get some new full control arms... i could care less for camber...
Old 08-20-2004, 11:11 AM
89crxinprogress

i am considering a camber kit simply because i am lowered so i need to camber mine back out to decrease tire wear. however it needs to be adjustable so when i take it to the track i can set it to what i need. any recomendations on what brand? and where i can find it?
Old 08-23-2004, 09:51 AM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

toe wears out your tires... camber really doesnt... - camber just doesnt let you put all your power to the ground... when doing a straigt line race... but if you autoX its better to have - camber so when you turn you get full grip of the ground on the outside tires... but anyways i think vision makes a full upper control arm and its adjustable...
Old 08-23-2004, 10:43 AM
89crxinprogress

about how much does it run and do you have an web address?