Notices

Camber Kits

Old 08-15-2004, 02:55 PM
zack77
Space Cowboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber Kits

Does anyone have recommendations for front/rear camber kits? I'm lookin' at a number of different kits and I don't have a clue which has a good reputation. I'm gonna put'em on my '89 CRX Si, if that helps any. Thanks guys!
Old 08-15-2004, 09:06 PM
zack77
Space Cowboy

C'mon guys, none of you have ever lowered your car slightly and installed a camber kit to keep your tires from wearing out on the inside?
Old 08-15-2004, 10:30 PM
slammed91-hatch

a slightly lowered crx,civic(1-2 inches) does not need a camber kit, you should be able to get an alignment and get very close to perfect and tires won't wear. Ingalls and spc are decent kits for the front. For the rear just get washers and longer bolts...that's what they would send you if you buy them.
Old 08-22-2004, 08:06 AM
CRX-Fluffy

@Zack77:Hmm, two companies come into mind for the EF/ED Chassis. I would definitely go with some SPC or Ingalls Camber kits. For the front, Just get the Adjustable Balljoint ones. (I haven't seen any Skunk2 Upper Arm Style Camber kits out for the EF/ED Chassis yet. -Jon) The Adjustable Balljoints either come in two types...one for adjusting up to 1.5 degrees...or for lowered applications from 1.5-3.0 degrees. For the rear, Just use the washer trick (Washers and longer bolts, If you look at your Rear Control arm you'll see why) or spend the $100 and get the Rear Adjuster Arm. IMO, the adjuster arm is much more precise and less of a hassle to adjust.

Oh, yeah I have my car lowered 1.7" F / 1.5" R. I am cambered on both front wheels at 2.50 degrees. The alignment shop said it could not be adjusted unless the camber kits were installed. Since your car is an 89, You might need to get the 1990-1991 CRX/Civic Upper Control arms to place them in. (These can be found at your local junkyard). Hopefully this helps.

-Jon
Old 08-26-2004, 10:36 AM
zack77
Space Cowboy

Default Feedback please

Originally Posted by CRX-Fluffy
@Zack77:Hmm, two companies come into mind for the EF/ED Chassis. I would definitely go with some SPC or Ingalls Camber kits. For the front, Just get the Adjustable Balljoint ones. (I haven't seen any Skunk2 Upper Arm Style Camber kits out for the EF/ED Chassis yet. -Jon) The Adjustable Balljoints either come in two types...one for adjusting up to 1.5 degrees...or for lowered applications from 1.5-3.0 degrees. For the rear, Just use the washer trick (Washers and longer bolts, If you look at your Rear Control arm you'll see why) or spend the $100 and get the Rear Adjuster Arm. IMO, the adjuster arm is much more precise and less of a hassle to adjust.

Oh, yeah I have my car lowered 1.7" F / 1.5" R. I am cambered on both front wheels at 2.50 degrees. The alignment shop said it could not be adjusted unless the camber kits were installed. Since your car is an 89, You might need to get the 1990-1991 CRX/Civic Upper Control arms to place them in. (These can be found at your local junkyard). Hopefully this helps.

-Jon
My "alignment techie" recommends me to get the adjustable balljoint kit because they're easier to adjust while performing the alignment. They are more expensive than the adjustable mounts kit for the upper control arms. I really don't know if one has a better application quality than the other. My first thought is to get the adjustable mounts kit for the upper control arms and use the money I saved to pay for the alignment...only if the kit is going to last longer with equal or better quality than the adjustable balljoint. Feedback based on personal experience is what I'm looking for(any feedback still has value though ). Suggestions?