Notices

the new k series motors

Old 08-11-2004, 08:50 AM
wilsel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kai
Oh, yeah, and the whole low supply/high demand part. K's aren't cheap.
Not yet, because it takes quite a bit to total a car worth $17K or more. BUT, there are more RSX Type-S's than there ever was ITR's, or civic SI's. So within a few yrs there should be a bigger supply than there was B16's or B18C5's for us. Right now they have the mounts, and are working on a plug and play wiring harness. They should have a full swap kit in the near future to make it as easy as a B-series swap.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:31 PM
ED9man
driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Combine the sales volume of the ITR, GSR, Del Sol VTEC, and Civic Si.
Just the ITR and Si is not a fair comparison.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:32 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by wilsel
So within a few yrs there should be a bigger supply than there was B16's or B18C5's for us.
That's not counting the huge supplies of European and Asian market B16*'s and B18*'s being imported. It will be a long time before K's are as cheap as B's.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:16 PM
Fire
wanna run

Originally Posted by wilsel
Not yet, because it takes quite a bit to total a car worth $17K or more. BUT, there are more RSX Type-S's than there ever was ITR's, or civic SI's. So within a few yrs there should be a bigger supply than there was B16's or B18C5's for us. Right now they have the mounts, and are working on a plug and play wiring harness. They should have a full swap kit in the near future to make it as easy as a B-series swap.

I have a hard time believing that a K series will EVER be as easy of a project as the B series. Dimensions, wiring yeah sounds like loads of fun. It will be a little time before you can have the extensiveness of mods (that you currently have for B series) to buy as well.
Old 08-19-2004, 03:04 AM
alphaxxn
4500rpm hesitation

People have hard enough time wiring VTEC, itll be fun to watch the wave of posts in the future saying "OMG HOW DO I WIRE VTC AND IVTEC OMGOMGOMGGOMGOMGOM!?!!"

I dont think the K series will ever be as big as the B series, only because the B was used more widely initially then the K. I am probably wrong though.

And the only cool thing I see about ivtec so far isthe smoother torque curve in dyno charts. Honda was in need of a smoother torque curve.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:28 AM
h22afreak
IN BOOST WE TRUST.

I've seen a stock K20 from a type s swapped into a DC integra and trust me it hauls ass,
give it some time the K series is still in its experimental stage.
Old 08-19-2004, 05:37 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by alphaxxn
People have hard enough time wiring VTEC, itll be fun to watch the wave of posts in the future saying "OMG HOW DO I WIRE VTC AND IVTEC OMGOMGOMGGOMGOMGOM!?!!"
:chuckles:
I dont think the K series will ever be as big as the B series, only because the B was used more widely initially then the K. I am probably wrong though.
Don't worry, you're wrong. The B series has been in production and evolving since the early 80's. Rumor has it that there was an early (JDM Accord) dual carbed B18A at that time, very different from the B's we know today.

That was followed by the JDM Accord B20A, the JDM/US Prelude B20A, then the first of the "modern" B's as the JDM Civic/CRX SiR B16A.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:21 AM
exospeed*com

The K-series motor isnt going to take over the B series just yet. It'll just be another option like an H. F or D.

There will be a mixed group of enthusiasts that are going to build any of those engines so us engine builders and tuners will be doing all the different type of engines.

We actually already built 2 K20A for turbo applications and hope to do more in the future. We are already doing SLEEVING for the K-series and theres plenty of other parts being manufactured right now that we plans on carrying as part of our inventory. Such as a new pulley system for the K motor, many compression and bore sized of Pistons and new Connecting rods. We are all gearing up for it and just waiting til the market catches on so we can do more of these Kseries build ups.

Wil