Notices

Electrical problem or no? Please HELP!!

Old 08-04-2004, 09:56 AM
Human Hybrid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problem or no? Please HELP!!

I'm driving to school today and as I hit 80mph...i notice my car starting to shudder a TAD until I let the gas go... I didn't think much of it...sooo...I leave school a few hours later because i was so worried after a little, I wanted to go fix it. As I head down the highway, I get off at an exit...and slow down at a stop light...this is when I notice my battery light flash on and the RPM's are very near 0...I put it in neutral and rev it a little, hoping to keep it alive so i don't look stupid pulling on the side of the road... . So I make it to Advanced Auto and get a new battery....hoping for a quick fix....so i pop the battery in and everything is running fine until like a little later...when im at a stop light and..the b-light flashes again...so I figure ..."crap my alternator". I go home and whip out the voltmeter...hook it up to the terminals...and..12.xx at idle and like 13.xx at a 2,000 rev.

I rev it higher with a load and still around 12xx....i rev it to like 7,000 for the heck of it...and it goes straight to 0 and shuts off....it does this every time i rev too high....it just shuts off after going back down to idle....

Is it a relay, alternator or some type of electrical problem?

99 Civic LX, automatic..

Thanks.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:59 PM
A_PHOBIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its you alternator.....