Notices

I'm now honda free.

Old 08-05-2004, 07:51 AM
WhiteRice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kestrel
I love the 2.5 RS. You can get an STi engine and tranny swap (bolts right in!) for like $10k, and that thing will fly
I totally love the 2.5 RS! Just a few minor things i need to do. New brakes, a bigger rear sway bar, and tinted windows (the sun is hot at a mile high above sea level). Then I'll move on from there.

There will be no swaps!!! Atleast not anytime soon, I promised my wife already!!! That was one stipulation when purchasing the car!

Originally Posted by Keebler
all the STi motor is, is the 2.5 RS with a bigger turbo than the WRX and a couple of other mods
Don't the WRX and the STi's have 2.0 Liters? I could be wrong because I'm greener then green when it comes to Subies, but I think it's only a 2.0.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:53 PM
Kestrel
Push to shock!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteRice
Don't the WRX and the STi's have 2.0 Liters? I could be wrong because I'm greener then green when it comes to Subies, but I think it's only a 2.0.
The USDM STi has a 2.5 liter. Basically, Subaru uses two blocks, the 2.5 and 2.0, so yeah you could just turbo the 2.5 and get up to the STi's power level. With the swap you can get the DCCD drivetrain and the LSD's for the front axle.