Notices

having an electrical problem

Old 07-09-2004, 03:33 PM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default having an electrical problem

my car is dead right now, sitting in the driveway... cant seem to get any power at all, i took the battery to autozone and they tested it and said its fully charged but im not getting anything when i hook it up in the car. checked the fuse box under the hood and under the dash and all fuses are good. battery connections are good, negative ground is properly attached to the frame. what else should i look for? im thinking the alternator is in need of being replaced but this shouldnt affect the car while its not even on would it? im not getting headlights, caution lights, interior lights, anything? maybe autozone didnt test it properly? i hook the battery up to my charger and it shows its only at 5 volts and isnt accepting a charge but autozone is telling me different? maybe take it to another store? any insight or ideas welcome no matter how strange. TIA.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:40 PM
A_PHOBIA

well i would try a differnet batter first.borrow one for a sec from a friends car.was the car running one day and just would start up the next?
Old 07-11-2004, 07:58 AM
crxb16er

i found the problem i disconnected my cooling fan from my radiator and just connected it along the wiring coming from the battery and found a short b4 the main fuse box, so i cut out the wire put in a new one and everything is back to normal. there was about a 4" section of wire that was badly damaged but i couldnt see it b4 because it was wrapped in a colored wire bundle.