Notices

UK 91 CRX 1.6iVT

Old 07-04-2004, 06:38 AM
MrDinovelvet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK 91 CRX 1.6iVT

Greetings from the UK

I've just bought a late 91 UK CRX 1.6i VT. It has the B16A1 engine I'm told. Not sure about the BHP figure for this engine. I've read that the B16A1 has 150BHP not 158BHP as I thought it had. I' m having a power run soon so I'll see what it's putting out then.

I'd been looking for a mint example for 18 mths when I found this amazing car!
It's been stored for 10 years and is like new. It's only covered 12,730 miles! It doesn't feel run in yet

I'll add some pics at the end of the post. I'm new to this forum and would like some help and advice from you all will choosing a supercharger. I've been looking at Jackson Racing and Pro charger up to now. I want to buy from the US and ship it over to me in the UK. A Pro charger in the UK will cost me about £3300 + £450 to fit.
Thats about $5700 for the kit!! I've been told if I buy a kit fro mthe US for a CRX it wont fit my Euro (UK) spec car. Is that correct? Was the B16A1 ever fitted into the US spec CRX? I can get a kit fitted (or possibly fit it my self) but I need to know what to order for my car so it will fit correctly. Which it the best SC to fit & what power gain will I get. I'm going to fit a 4-2-1 header and De cat with full system back. This should give me 10 - 12 BHP I'm told. I also want a new throttle body. I can get the one fitted on the car machined in the UK for £176 all in (about $305) and also fit a induction kit. The other thing was a Hondata S200. I'm told this is a good system thats not too expensive. Any help would be much apprecited!

Regards,

Dino UK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC01344-a.jpg (159.3 KB, 68 views)
DSC01347-a.jpg (191.8 KB, 73 views)
Old 07-04-2004, 08:45 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

that car is clean looking...what a brilliant find!...12k miles is simply brand new

i'd hold off on making any drastic power changes (especially at those prices)...i'd suggest working the suspension through (it's bushings maybe brittle from the decade in storage) and upgrade it to your liking...then maybe the braking system for more bite and less fade

by the time you get these done you might think of a larger engine swap maybe to an integra type r engine (your b16a is worth money so you'll get some back)...in the end it might be much cheaper to do the swap and sell the engine instead of getting an expensive SC

just my $.02
Old 07-04-2004, 09:38 AM
A_PHOBIA

your stock b16 make 160 hp.one of the only company's to make a header specifically for your application is hasport.www.hasport.com
i would go with a turbo and not jr.ive heard really bad stuff about them.plus you could build your own turbo kit and the price depends on how much hp/performance you want.i would search ebay and local shops...
Old 07-04-2004, 09:43 AM
MrDinovelvet

Default Track day fun.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Forgot to say, this is a second car. I'm only going to use it in good weather and for track day fun. I was going to price up polly bushes to replace the old ones. It would seem like such a waste to take out the engine when it's covered such little miles :thinking:

I was looking to spend about £3000 - £3500 on mods. Brakes and dampers will get a part of that budget.

An engine change seems like a big and complex job to me....

I've seen a 1.6 VTi UK car with 224BHP with a NA engine. Cost of that work was about £2.5 - £3k tho.

Are you talking about a 1.8 ITR engine? If so what kind of output can you get them upto without sending mad ££??

If I can get a SC fitted for about £2.5k that seems good value for the BHP gains..

Dino.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:14 AM
MrDinovelvet

Default Lose of VTec ??

[QUOTE=A_PHOBIA]i would go with a turbo and not jr.ive heard really bad stuff about them.plus you could build your own turbo kit and the price depends on how much hp/performance you want.
Is it correct that I'll loose the VTec if I go for a Turbo conversion, due the power being delivered at lower RPM?

That would be a shame as the high revving Vtec is one of my reasons for buying the CRX in the first place.
I've been told by a UK suppier that fits Pro Charger kits that their conversion with give me 275 BHP with a full exhaust & header upgrade and some other extra mods. Does that sound correct? They've fitted the Pro charger to other 1.6 VTi engines and had that level of BHP increase apparently.

Simon
Old 07-04-2004, 10:22 AM
MrDinovelvet

Default Some more pics

This is the Pro charger kit (3rd pic) from the UK supplier.
Attached Images
DSC01343-a.jpg (151.9 KB, 38 views)
DSC01346.JPG (263.3 KB, 51 views)
Honda_Integra_Kit.jpg (23.8 KB, 44 views)
Old 07-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

It would be a shame to swap out that B16A, but it is worth some serious coin right now.

Pretty much any supercharger made for a B16A type head should fit your bay (American market del Sol VTEC or 99-00 Civic Si) however I would put in another vote for a turbo over a supercharger. The superchargers made for Hondas aren't that 'super.'

Sure you can keep VTEC, but ideally you should use some high lift/short duration cams made for FI use, such as the ones Crower makes.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:53 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the 1.8 ~200hp is the itr engine

i'd say take your time and enjoy the car for a while...really think through what path you want to take such as with the engine (swap, turbo, sc, or build it for race application), suspension, brakes, audio, etc.

over the years i see so many people spend money on mods and sell it due to a change of mind or outside circumstances...cars are a money pit and require careful thought
Old 07-04-2004, 04:17 PM
sick79

I just wanted give you the :thumbup: on finding that car, good luck to you.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:27 PM
ED9man
driver

my god that car is absolutely unbelievable :hitit: :hitit:
Just leave it alone and enjoy it for awhile, with that few miles and so clean looking I love it. I'd go N/A.