Notices

To Sell or not to Sell....???

Old 07-03-2004, 12:30 PM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Sell or not to Sell....???

Damn I have an offer for 2gs on my car which I bought for 300 bucks and the guy is suppose to come down tomorrow with the cash and pick up the car. Now I just want to know if I should sell it or not. Damn, I'd be making a 1700 dollar profit off this car. I really like the car to but at the same time I need the money to pay for some bills and 2gs would hold me over for awhile. I would also be able to build a faster computer to for like 500 bucks. So many choices... Would you sell your crx if you knew you were going to get this much profit out of it? I'm highly considering it, the guy said he's serious about it and is going to come about noon to check out the car.

james
Old 07-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I'd sell it and wouldn't think twice about it.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:08 PM
A_PHOBIA

sell a crxto build a faster computer and pay bills? hell no.i would rather live in my car then sell it for bills.remember you can always find money later,the bill collecters cant take what you dont have,and at this point im assuming its money...
Old 07-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I laugh and run like a looney escaping from his happy house.
Old 07-03-2004, 08:12 PM
Calilude

Originally Posted by Kai
I laugh and run like a looney escaping from his happy house.

lmfao. Not all of it is going to be for bills. Hell no I'm not going to spend all of it on that. I just got another offer for 2100 bucks. I'm just waiting for people to call me back now. I just got my clutch in today as well, so whoever gets the car gets a new clutch as well with it. I'll probably pick up another crx anyways so I'm not really trippin off of it.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:33 PM
A_PHOBIA

i guess its all how you feel about it, i get real personal abotu all the cars i have owned.except for my 89 gti.i put so many little things on my cars that every little thing means something to me,and most is somewhat custom and i dont want some one else running around with my hard time and money showing it off like they did all the work to it.but hey if your going to plan on getting another one right on then if thats whatyou wanna do.good luck
Old 07-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I'd get a little more personnal about a GTI, just because they take more work... and I have some abnormal fascination with GTI's, even though I've never owned one.

The market for Hondas now is definately in a "sell" mode. If I bought one for $300 and got an offer of $2k for it a month later, hell yeah, I'd sell it. I was attached to my '80 RX-7 in a month, only because I worked on it every day I had it... otherwise, it takes a bit longer for me t be attached.

(sell it! sell it!)
Old 07-04-2004, 07:50 AM
v8guy
Professor

Cali, yo man, dump that car and laugh all the way to the bank. I bought a '67 mustang for $500 and sold it two weeks later for $2100. All I did to it was drain out the old gas, put in fresh gas, clean the coil terminals, pull the plugs, oil the cylinders, crank it over by hand a few times then with the starter to blow the oil out, reinstall the plugs and she was a runner. It was going to be a new project for me but oh well. It was a 6cyl anyway. $2100 cash......see ya!!!!

You just got that car and don't really have much into it, I'd dump it and take the quick profit. You can always find another CRX.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Calilude

Originally Posted by v8guy
Cali, yo man, dump that car and laugh all the way to the bank. I bought a '67 mustang for $500 and sold it two weeks later for $2100. All I did to it was drain out the old gas, put in fresh gas, clean the coil terminals, pull the plugs, oil the cylinders, crank it over by hand a few times then with the starter to blow the oil out, reinstall the plugs and she was a runner. It was going to be a new project for me but oh well. It was a 6cyl anyway. $2100 cash......see ya!!!!

You just got that car and don't really have much into it, I'd dump it and take the quick profit. You can always find another CRX.

Damn I hate it when people waste your time ya know, I showed the car to two people today, since the car needs a paint job, some dude tried to lowball me and sell it for less then 1500 bucks. I can still get like 1800 bucks for it the way it sits right now. The paint is oxidizing and will need to be repainted but overall it's still not bad, it runs perfect and I just replaced the passenger side mirror today. I'm not even really trippin if I sell this car or not, but damn dude you made a getaway with that Mustang that's awesome. I hope I sell my crx soon, I need the money. It sucks being poor.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:42 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Tell him you won't sell for under $2k... this is the guy that offered $2k, right?