Notices

need help with nitrous info for crx

Old 06-30-2004, 11:49 PM
88_crx_si
88_crx_si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with nitrous info for crx

hey,im new to this site but from what i see you guys are cool with help,i own a 88 crx si that iv had for 2 years with only few mods..exhaust intake ect..,but i finally i have money and have been doing research and found that a dry nitrous kit is the best $ per pony mod you can get,the thing is i want to get the new zex kit but i dont want to blow my motor,ill only run a 50 shot but there could still be some small problem's like bad spark,and god knows what else,but i want to know has any one had problems with the kits?and do you know what 1/4 mile times i could hit?and what else i need to buy for the kit besides fuel pressure regulater,like do i need a new fuel rail?better plugs?and new ignition system?i need help asap...im hopfully getting the kit this week if i figure all my stuff out thank's!
Old 07-01-2004, 03:32 AM
ED9man
driver

you're gonna kill your tired D-series with a dry shot
Old 07-01-2004, 09:01 AM
lime91crx

i have a 50 shot of nos on my crx i have a hf but with the si engine. i have intake header and cat-back.
how many miles are on your engine? i have a dry kit and when i used mine for the first time i blew the head on my motor. so i bought a new head and put a racing fuel pump in it. the second time i did i stripped my clutch out "it was brand new but stock" so then i got a racing clutch and now its fine.

so post how many mile are on the engine, because if there is to many then you will need a new head.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:50 AM
A_PHOBIA

if your strapped for cash,stay away from nos..there is a lot of problems "undpredictables" with it.if you dont have much money how are you going to replace the motor when you blow it?if you do this.i would bullet proof your whole motor and that alone is a grand.good luck but with how much that zex costs you could drop in a zc motor,and that in my opinion is a hell of a lot better than using the juice.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:57 PM
88_crx_si
88_crx_si

my motor has 230,000 miles on it,i use to have a y8 motor sitting around but traded it for a shitty 91 4 door civic lx,so i guess its not that good of idea,the zc swap is only 500?i heard nothing but bad news about zc,short rods,thin walls,can handle more than 200 hp,and all i hear about is them blowing
Old 07-01-2004, 09:13 PM
A_PHOBIA

1.its better that what you have now for starters.2 it has 130hp stock.3. yes there that cheap and there extremely disposable.if you blow it so what get another one.
its a bit harder to say that with a b16.because they cost a lot more than the zc.either way its better than what you have.if you try to run nos with that manymiles your motor isnt going to live past your first run.most zc motors have 30 k on them .good luck