Notices

code 13

Old 06-28-2004, 08:06 AM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code 13

my car right now has a code 13 coming from the ecu... i kno what it is... its the baro senso but what im asking is how do i get rid of it? the car runs good... i think its running a bitrich and the idle sometiems goes up and down and the timeing is a bit off but thats a whole other thing what iwant to know is what can i do to stop this code 13?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:11 AM
v8guy
Professor

How about replacing the baro sensor, that might fix your other problems as well.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:12 AM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

by the way i have an 89 hf with a b18a1 in it thanks
Old 06-28-2004, 08:17 AM
v8guy
Professor

The baro sensor doesn't care what engine you have, it just measures atmospheric (barometric) pressure. The computer, on the other hand, well, thats a different story. Check to see that the sensor is hooked up properly and if so try to borrow a known good sensor from a buddy and swap it in to see if the problem goes away. If it does, get a new baro sensor.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:19 AM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

ok.... now where exactly is this baro sensor... my plans are to cahnge it finding it is the problem not changine it....
Old 06-28-2004, 09:33 AM
v8guy
Professor

I don't know where it is or even what it looks like on a Honda (at least not yet anyway). Ford or GM would be a different story. Look it up in a manual, your local library will likely have one. Or you could buy one, people seem to think the helms is the best. I don't have a repair manual myself.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:01 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

ok the baro sensor was not the prob... the ecu though it was but this is because it was "confused" the reason it was confused was because the Hf is special and the b9 and b11 wires going to the ecu have to get cut. B9 tells the ECU the tranny is in reverse and B11 tells the ECU the clutch is disengaged. i think this has something to do with the little up shift light that the Hf has because its so damn special... i had forgotten about this because long ago i disconected that damn upshift light because it was annoying and ugly... anyways i figured it all out thanks... oh and the baro sensor/PA sensor/atmopheric pressure sensor/damn code 13/or however else you want to call it is by the blower and all that junk under the dash. according to honda those things rarely ever go bad if ever so i started thinking maybe it wasnt that and it wasnt yay.. thanks for replying anyways... later
Old 06-28-2004, 09:43 PM
v8guy
Professor

Under the dash, lol, I never would have thought to look there. (I looked all over my engine compartment for one LMAO) Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad you got the problem sorted out. I hope all goes well with your swap.
Old 06-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

everything is good... i finished finally... i mean technically i finished last week thurs. but today was an official no codes no problems battery in the back and everything... im happy... and the car is crazy fast....