Notices

LS motor in 89 crx

Old 06-25-2004, 08:20 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS motor in 89 crx

hi everyone... i just finished swapping a 91 Ls into my 89 crx.. now i have a few problems and i need help... fist of all for i dont know if this is normal its not really a problem but when i put the 91 ecu in it had the harness on the opposite side compared to the hf ecu and so i have to put the ecu upside down and so the little light no longer peaks thru the little window so to read the code i have to pull off the cover... oh well not a huge deal... now the real problems... one... the ecu is throwing a code that goes like this:long blink, blink, blink, blink....pause.....long blink, blink, blink, blink....and so on and so forth. so its one long blink and 3 short ones... i have a haynes manual and this doesnt break it down very nicely is this a 3 or a 4 or what does the long blink mean??? anyways thats the first problem...

the next problem is for those who hve done an LS swap or know about it... what do you guys do for the cable for the clutch? my clutch is not grabbing its a new clutch and it just wont grab. i am using the crx clutch cable is this what should be used or is it better to use the integra clutch cable?

if someone knows anything about this please let me know thanks...
Old 06-26-2004, 12:27 AM
S2Kev

1 long blink = 10, 3 short blinks= 3 so you have a code 13.

code 13 indicates a baro sensor.

Try pulling the fuse to reset the ecu. Keep it out for 15 seconds and then put it back in. It if throws the same code, check the baro sensor. It's located on the passenger side kick panel.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:58 PM
Reason

I also have an 89 CRX (DX). I want to buy my friends LS engine from his 2000 Integra. What is everything I would need from his car to make the swap possible???
Old 06-26-2004, 08:50 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

ok thaknks guys for the replies... reason what you would need is...full engine and tranny, axles, throttle cable, ecu, i thnk thats it... oh yeah mounts those are the killers... i think thats it... anyways
Old 06-27-2004, 12:52 PM
SonicGSR98
Shadow Lurker

in my swaps, I used the LS clutch and throttle cable. Adn teh code you are throwing is a code 13.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Pharmacist
Street Corner

yeah i been askin around and i finally learned to read the damn thing... it is a 13 but what does that mean... i know its baro sensor but what the helll is that? oh and i figured out the clutch cable Q turns out i didnt need a clutch cable i mean i could get one from a teggy and waste money or i could just turn the HF bracket upside down and grind a few parts off and TADA it works beautifully im so happy but thanks anyways
Old 06-28-2004, 06:36 AM
Reason

Originally Posted by Pharmacist
ok thaknks guys for the replies... reason what you would need is...full engine and tranny, axles, throttle cable, ecu, i thnk thats it... oh yeah mounts those are the killers... i think thats it... anyways

ok...thanks