Notices

help!!! clutch problem

Old 06-24-2004, 09:44 AM
lime91crx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!! clutch problem

I have a 91 hf crx with a 88 si motor. I have a little mods on the motor and im running a 50 shot of NOS. With a stock clutch it slips so i bought a ram clutch and it ate my throw out bearing then i got a clutchmasters clutch and it ate my throw out bearing. What is the problem??
Old 06-24-2004, 07:06 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

i'd check to make sure you have the right clutch for the car...honda played around with several variables on the 88-91 civic/crxs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
d series trannies.jpg (43.6 KB, 17 views)
Old 06-24-2004, 08:43 PM
cartuner

Was the clutch cable adjusted correct? Do you ride on your clutch pedal when you're not shifting gears? I ask this becasue I have a freind who always rest his foot on the clutch pedal and he has ruined his throw out bearing with every new clutch. I didn't know why they were going bad until I saw the way he drove. Plus make sure you have the correct throwout bearing. If the fingers on the pressure plate are flat then the throw out bearing's contact face should be round and vice versa.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:09 AM
lime91crx

well i no that the 88 crx was differant and the pressure plate lined up right it just eats the bearing when i press my clutch in. and when i start the car in neutral the i cant put it in any gear.And i tried to adjust the clutch cable in everyway and it wont work.?