Notices

help b16a

Old 06-23-2004, 05:47 AM
Redlinerz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help b16a

Hey everyone.... I am about to buy a motor from some guy I met... he says it is a b16a with a type r head... my question is, is there any stamp on the head that i can check to make sure it is a type r???? also i am not sure if it will go into a crx... it is a b16a2 block with a type r head... (year???) and b16a1 manifolds and i guess i would need to use a b16a1 dizzy too right and it should go in with no problems...thanks for the help guys!!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:49 PM
A_PHOBIA

well i dunno about the code stamp"trustme i looked for about an hour" but the most visable thing would be the valve cover.its gonna be bright red,if you got a ctr/itr head you want people to know it so if he was to say "oh i just swapped a diff valve cover" thats bs,if its stamped pr3 its a stock b16a head and not a itr head.this i9s some little info i found about the motor.Other Specifications:
Country Specs: Japan-specifications
Engine Code: B18C-R (Japan Domestic Market)
Swapped From: JDM Honda 98-01 Integra Type-R
Produced: 1998-2001 in Japan
i would ask him what it redlines @ if he ses 8900 rpm then its an itr head.
i dont really know if this helps you or not but you have helped me a few times in the past so i thought i would try.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:58 AM
Redlinerz

thanks I will ask about the redline....uhm about the valve cover right now it has a chrome dress up valve cover so i cant check if it was red or not....but i will check the stamp now that i know where it is soupposed to be at... thanks
Old 06-26-2004, 11:14 PM
Redlinerz

i just checked the head today... it said pr3-3 i am gonna try and research and see if i can find out